News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad Z16: Firmware update supposed to solve reboot-problem

Started by Redaktion, November 02, 2022, 19:22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We criticized the Lenovo ThinkPad Z16 quite a lot. The expensive multimedia laptop revealed a huge problem in our review: The ThinkPad quite often rebooted unexpectedly. The newest BIOS firmware is now supposed to solve the issue.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Z16-Firmware-update-supposed-to-solve-reboot-problem.665992.0.html

kek

AMD and instability, like bread & butter. Glad I went Tiger Lake earlier this year.

And no, I'm not blaming AMD for this one. I know it's probably not their fault, but it sure would help if they involved themselves more in laptop development, like Intel does. There's a lot of money to be made there.

Here's hoping the next iteration gets zero flaws at launch.

elik

I installed the new BIOS, i don't see any reboot, but now the fans are never running, and the CPU is getting very hot and throttle a lot.
back to previous BIOS

codeHusky

Took them just long enough for me to return my unit for them to fix the problem. Looks like I'm getting a new unit. :P

Snotsicle

I must have been lucky as I never really had a problem with my fairly early example of a Z16, except for about 1 week into ownership when the SSD corrupted itself. After a precautionary SSD swap and a rebuild it has been fine ever since.
Generally speaking, I love it - even if they have swapped the Fn & Ctrl buttons to be the wrong way round, unlike any other ThinkPad! Hopefully the Gen 2 will support PD3.1 compliant power supplies rather than the 20V 6.75A proprietary one.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview