News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Raptor Lake review roundup: Core i9-13900K vs Ryzen 9 7950X productivity battle results in a tie while the Core i5-13600K emerges as a budget gaming beast

Started by Redaktion, November 01, 2022, 13:45:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel launched the 13th gen Raptor Lake processors on September 27 with availability on October 20. The CPUs have been widely praised to offer great performance while costing less than the competition. 3DCenter has aggregated launch review results of Raptor Lake CPUs from several different publications to offer a holistic view of Intel's new processors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Raptor-Lake-review-roundup-Core-i9-13900K-vs-Ryzen-9-7950X-productivity-battle-results-in-a-tie-while-the-Core-i5-13600K-emerges-as-a-budget-gaming-beast.665343.0.html

Moomoo

Awesome review thanks but please be a little careful in your wording. For example when you write:

"Similarly, the Core i5-13600K consumes 104 W here, while AMD's competing Ryzen 7 7700X guzzles 80 W."

...you make it sound like the 13600 "consumes" less with 104w than the "guzzling" 7700w with 80w. Guzzling would be more appropriate to the Intel. Thanks for the great content! :)

Humble 🐝

Wondering if there will be big performance difference for productivity apps when new cpu come out from this point.  I recently owned a Steam Deck and see huge optimizations and efficiency on this device.  A little quad core APU now is my main driver for work and game.  I did not reduce my work and game quality to fit the steam deck.  It's that if an OS is optimized to this level, device like this or Apple M1 can do so much.  So I think to really see real performance difference in these productivity apps would require OS levels optimizations first, then app level.  And thus using windows is no longer a great way to measure.

Laurence 'GreenReaper' Pa

Consuming ~25% more power for 1.9% higher performance does not sound like a winner with prices where they are, especially if a more advanced cooling system is required. I guess the question is whether the extra 20W heat from the Core i5-13600K will be wasted or help to warm people up. Also whether games and other apps will start to make use of AVX-512, which could swing support to AMD since it can use it (and without a power boost).

Warrior24_7

No thank you, Intel please! There are A LOT of problems with the AMD 7000 series chips! They severely underperform. AMD knows this and has addressed it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview