News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ulefone Power Armor 18T debuts as its rugged brand's new 5G thermal imaging flagship smartphone

Started by Redaktion, October 29, 2022, 19:04:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Ulefone's latest rugged smartphone boasts the "latest" Lepton 3.5 thermal imaging tech from FLIR in one of its rear-facing shooters. It is joined by a 108MP sensor as a 'normal' main camera, and also steps up to an FHD+ 120Hz display kept on with a 9,600mAh battery that even has fast charging in this generation. The rugged device has a 5G MediaTek Dimensity chipset - then again, it still runs Android 12.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ulefone-Power-Armor-18T-debuts-as-its-rugged-brand-s-new-5G-thermal-imaging-flagship-smartphone.665201.0.html

The Werewolf

The problem with Ulefone, like many second tier phone makers, is that they really don't support products after sale. Updates are spotty if they even happen, and rather than OTA updates, they often require the end user to navigate weird and poorly designed support sections of their website to download files and manually install them.

And the chances of ever seeing and OS update is basically zero.

That's fine for a $150 phone, but at $500, you kind of expect a bit more professionalism.

Armor 8 Pro user

I have an Ulefone and there's no problem. How long do you keep a phone as your main one? Usually 2-3 years later I'm looking for a new one, especially with how cheap Chinese phones are.

Joel Andersson

I now have my Third UlleFån Armor series phone, its the Armor 9 it was an old phone wheen i bougt it but its still for sale because its one of the best rugged phone out there
i always turn of al apps updates the dont mean anything to me its make the battery last longer and its a phone that in my mind is a real phone whit quite good technology in whitout any bugs
Joel

AndyChow

If you buy this, it will stay on Android 12 forever, and never get any updates, not even basic security updates. So hope that no security flaw is ever found.
It's really a shame, I own an Oukitel WP16, it was released less than a year ago. It also will never get an update. They make these phones pretty much worthless.
There's at least 1-3 major flaws found every year, and not getting the security patches is exposing yourself to attacks.

Gen Z

I'm still on a 3.5 year old Ulefone Power 3WT, I like Ukefones as they are tough and use stock Android. No bloatware, no annoyances, no crashes.

Battery still holds it's charge after all this time (only charge to 70%)

I'll be getting the 18T next as I wanted FLIR and huge battery.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview