News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Swift X 16 (2022) Laptop im Test: 16-Zöller mit starken Updates

Started by Redaktion, October 29, 2022, 15:18:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Das Acer Swift X 16 (2022) ist ein leichter 16-Zöller mit zusätzlicher Grafikleistung. Das helle Display kommt endlich im 16:10-Format und ist hochauflösend. Intels Alder-Lake-P-Core-i7-CPU verhilft dem Multimedia-Laptop zu einer starken Leistung. Doch wie schlägt sich Intels Arc A370M?

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Acer-Swift-X-16-2022-Laptop-im-Test-16-Zoeller-mit-starken-Updates.645307.0.html

RobertJasiek

NikoB

Since the author himself mentioned the presence of "HDMI 2.1" in the merits of the laptop, the question immediately comes to him - did he check the support for 48Gb/s mode or not? If not, how can he be sure that the port is 2.1 and not 2.0b just with a 2.1 nameplate (because the crooks from the HDMI consortium allow such things as they do with Zen4's pseudo DP2.0).
If the manufacturer is silent about the true characteristics of the HDMI port, why hasn't at least a 4k@120Hz HDR(4:4:4) monitor been introduced into testing yet? It looks like they already exist...

The memory is again not very well optimized in the BIOS. It slow for write speed, again a monstrous latency.

There is no RJ45 for 2.5-10Gbps. At this price and size - it's just absurd. And need more usb-a ports.

The author himself wrote about the noise - it is clearly uncomfortable to work on it and surf - coolers obviously howl unpleasantly even with light surfing..

Well, for a snack, potential buyers need to know that the laptop in the radiator area heats up to 55C. In this case, the exhaust is directly on the screen panel on the right. And modern panels just have a critical temperature for electronics - 55-60C. Well, you understand me...

The power connector out perpendicular to the case due to the stupid usb-c plug - this almost guarantees all right-handed people that on the couch, reclining, they can easily break this connector with their feet, because. right-handers always have their feet on the left. In general, left-handers will be happy.. Why is the plug not angled or why is there no angle plug input, which is absolutely reliable and comfortable even on reclining sofas? At a minimum, you need to make a complete usb-c corner from the factory. And, by the way, the authors of all the reviews, why do they always forget to take a picture of the power supply and plug - why?

About miserable ridiculous soldered 16GB that can not be expanded (that is, the laptop is already obsolete) can not be remembered.

Happy shopping...

Marvin Gollor

Quote from: NikoB on October 29, 2022, 18:45:15why hasn't at least a 4k@120Hz HDR(4:4:4) monitor been introduced into testing yet? It looks like they already exist...
We cannot expect every author to buy/have a 4K 120Hz external monitor. Luckily, I have one, and I tested it, but it seems I don't have a proper HDMI 2.1 cable to support 4K 120Hz. So, I only get 4K 60Hz with my somewhat older cable. Privately I use the monitor with DisplayPort, but I'll get a proper HDMI cable then.
Quote from: NikoB on October 29, 2022, 18:45:15by the way, the authors of all the reviews, why do they always forget to take a picture of the power supply and plug - why?
From my first review on I always take one or two pictures of the power supply, located in the Power Management section. Not every author does this but quite a few. Some include the picture(s) in the first gallery of the review.
ThinkPad P1 Gen 3 (8-Core + 4K matte)

NikoB

Well, I hope that at least in the next reviews you will be able to buy the right cable on which something like "we guarantee 48Gb/s will be written, I don't remember how it should be according to the "standard". Although, most likely, your cable is correct for 48Gb/s, but the port is truncated in bandwidth, i.e. it is not 2.1 at all, if the buyer (believing the marketing slogans on all sites) expects a full-fledged 2.1 with 48Gbps and all the other features of this protocol, which is also not necessary in practice for hardware manufacturers.

And as for the power supply, yes, you pictured it on, but many do not (but it would be better to make it a mandatory item), sometimes this allows you to well demonstrate the disadvantage of using a laptop from a power supply on reclining sofas, where the power plug sticks out perpendicular to the case and easily breaks out with your foot. I still don't understand what prevents it from being made angular (or a regular round corner on the very edge, and usb-c is only a backup "traveling" option) in the kit (or a MagSafe adapter) ...

Thanks for the detailed review.

BBB

QuoteEingabegeräte: Starke Tastatur, schwaches Touchpad im Acer Swift X

vs.

QuoteUnter gezieltem Druck gibt die Tastatur etwas nach, beim Tippen äußert sich das durch eine leicht klapprige Enter- und Raute-Taste. Das Layout der Acer Tastatur bietet die typischen Doppelbelegungen, einen gedrängten Nummernblock und verkleinerte Pfeil-Auf-/Ab-Tasten.

= Wenn diese Mankos alles zusammen dann noch ein "starke Tastatur" ergeben, muss man sich schon fragen.

Marvin Gollor

So, I am sure now that I have a "Premium High-Speed" HDMI cable, which supports v2.0b (18Gbps / 4K60) but not 2.1, unfortunately. I will buy an "Ultra High-Speed" HDMI cable (v2.1 / 48Gbps / 4K120).

But don't expect it for the next review of mine - the 14-inch version of the Swift X - since it's almost ready.

I like my proprietary connecting port as well (rectangular ThinkPad plug) and usb-c for on the go or at someone else's place, yes.

I always want to add even more details to the reviews, but unless it's a flagship device, it'd be just too much :)

Marvin Gollor

Quote from: BBB on October 29, 2022, 23:41:23Wenn diese Mankos alles zusammen dann noch ein "starke Tastatur" ergeben, muss man sich schon fragen.

Insgesamt ja, diese Mankos sind für die Zielgruppe oft nebensächlich. Wir fanden die Tastatur sehr angenehm, einer der Besseren vom Tippgefühl und der möglichen Geschwindigkeit. Ich habe mich zwischendurch gefragt, ob ich die nicht sogar besser finde als die von einigen ThinkPads, weil ich perönlich oft kurzen Hub bevorzuge, WENN Druckpunkt, "Knackigkeit" und Tastenwiderstand insgesamt sehr gut dosiert und aufeinander abgestimmt sind. Ist zwar auch hier nicht perfekt, kommt dem aber schon nahe und fande sie insgesamt überzeugend, besonders in Hinblick sehr vieler Vergleichsgeräte!

Aber letzlich ist da auch immer eine persönliche Note dabei, dafür gibt es ja die Bildchen sowie die neutralen Beschreibungen, um sich auch etwas ein eigenes Bild machen zu können. Insgesamt finde ich es aber eher schwierig ein individuell wahrenommenes Tippgefühl richtig zu vermiteln, trotz aller Beschreibungsmöglichkeiten.

Die Tastatureinheit vom ThinkPad L14 G3 ist etwa auch nochmals deutlich klappriger als diese hier. Ich beschrieb beim Acer zudem Dinge, die dem normalen Nutzer nicht unbedingt auffallen würden. Dennoch kann es bemerkt werden, wenn man darauf achtet und darf daher nicht unerwähnt bleiben. Und "sehr stark" oder "HighEnd" ist die Tastatur eben nicht aufgrund der von dir aufgezählten Dinge und weil viele Nutzer eben einen längeren Hubweg bevorzugen.

NikoB

The quality of the keyboard is always determined by the speed of blind typing, which I have owned for a long time. Most laptops have poor keyboards, with poor tactile feedback and keystroke fidelity. Well, about the reason that I often switch between a full-fledged desktop keyboard and laptop keyboards, keyboards without a full-fledged numpad (the width of the keys should be the same as the letters) and without the normal Esc+F1..F12 row (normal height) absolutely p*** me off, because that it destroys all my blind typing. And if in 12-14" laptops it is clear that a full-fledged keyboard cannot be physically squeezed in, then I don't understand why some "designer" at Acer came up with this nonsense with a deliberately damaged numpad, although there is a free space more than 1 cm wide on the left and right, i.e. 4 rows of numpad perfectly fit in width! Well, the vile manner of the Chinese like Asus/MSI/Gigabyte to make a right arrow to the place of insert on numpad, which also immediately destroys my copy-paste (and fast group operations in file managers) in 2 hands, when i use numpad as navbar while typing.

In the end, it's high time to make the keyboard block removable on all models and give customers the opportunity to choose the option they need - those who like centered truncated options without numpad can order or buy one, and who doesn't need this with numpad, but now there is simply no choice. What is on this series of odd numpad, what is on like ravelMate P2 from Acer and this model. Yes, and absolutely moronic savings on a separate power button, which is in the same row with the keyboard, which leads to accidental pressing on it, how did a fool think of this among managers? They just cut sales to themselves at times!

Apparently the task of marketers and managers is to calmly, year after year, cut the budgets of companies at the expense of shareholders, but not to produce normal laptops at all and increase sales at times! As Elon Musk said, we should probably fire 75% of the staff, maybe then the rest (after certification) will start to think and work normally, but for now it all looks like some kind of surreal conspiracy and madness.

Huawei D16 2022 with a relatively normal numpad and a price of $1000 with i5 12500H, even with all its shortcomings (and most importantly, the terrible cooling system is castrated twice compared to the version with AMD 2021, which is simply absurd!), it is immediately clear that it has much more success in retail than last year's model precisely because of the dramatically improved keyboard (and IPS screen without PWM), otherwise almost no one would buy it.

Surprisingly - all manufacturers whine about the drop in sales, but no one wants to make reference models in terms of power, ports, keyboard, fast screen and 2 memory slots, models without discrete video chips, because they dramatically increase the cost and most are not interested in games at all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview