News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 headed to laptops with an AD103 GPU

Started by Redaktion, October 22, 2022, 12:01:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new leak says that Nvidia plans to bring the GeForce RTX 4090 to laptops. It will use an AD103 GPU and have a TGP of around 175 Watts. The GeForce RTX 4080 Ti is also expected to come with identical specs, although it'll probably use a cut-down version of the AD103.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-4090-headed-to-laptops-with-an-AD103-GPU.663572.0.html

Panji Hadinugraha

I bet it will be just as fast as whatever the RTX 4050 desktop card would perform later on.

LL

QuoteNvidia GeForce RTX 4090 reviews have overwhelmingly concluded that the Ada Lovelace-based graphics card is incredibly power-hungry.

That is false. Incredibly means stretches reality, and there is nothing comparable.
It is much more efficient than a 3090ti and some ATI's

RobertJasiek

Sponiza

Quote from: LL on October 22, 2022, 21:50:27
QuoteNvidia GeForce RTX 4090 reviews have overwhelmingly concluded that the Ada Lovelace-based graphics card is incredibly power-hungry.

That is false. Incredibly means stretches reality, and there is nothing comparable.
It is much more efficient than a 3090ti and some ATI's

Yeah I agree. This statement bothered me as well. The 4090 is extremely power efficient compared to 3000 series. With 220 watts limit, it performs only 20% less than at full 450 watt limit (see de8auer benchmark).

If anything, it shows that it will likely  perform very well in laptops.

S.Yu

I just wonder how much TGP and how much sustainable performance would be left on something like the Blade 15. It's unlikely that Razer would skip the flagship mobile cards entirely just because they've gone thin and light.

RobertJasiek

They might run them at 80W but then maybe a 70 tier card would be appropriate.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview