News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Average CPU temperature is an insane 96 C when gaming on the Dell G16

Started by Redaktion, October 21, 2022, 06:00:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Hot core temperatures are not unsurprising on most gaming laptops especially if they are thin and light. At over 95 C when gaming, however, the Dell G16 is pushing it to somewhat uncomfortable levels.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Average-CPU-temperature-is-an-insane-96-C-when-gaming-on-the-Dell-G16.662846.0.html

DOC_

This is a bad take.

Laptop users have options with Dell's Power Management software. In your review you set the laptop to "Ultra Performance mode." What does that imply, if not that the laptop would operate at its safe limit?

You could have easily used the laptop in Optimized mode for lower temperatures, but if I bought the G16, I would use the ultra performance mode without worry. Dell's warranty guarantees reliable operation at those temperatures.

NikoB

Dell's base warranty is 1 year in many countries. At the same time, as many private reviews on the forums have shown, for avid players, failures of video chips and power piping begin in about 1.5-2 years. Which is clearly burdensome for a normal person earning money by work.

I always recommend that hardcore gamers buy Dell's 3 year on-site warranty where possible (and actually works by speed of repair and replacement). This is just beneficial, because the probability of their laptops failing after 2 years is maximum with sustained high load. Dell, for this very reason, keeps clearly inflated prices (in recent years) in order to control financial risks in warranty cases.

Any "gaming" laptops are extremely unreliable under heavy loads. They are effective (by time of use) only as a working tool with a below-average load. And if you choose the quietest models in the profile for maximum performance. As once there was a very quiet G5 5587 with a huge weight and a body from a 17" laptop.

DOC_

Do you have any data or other facts to support this position?

Quote from: NikoB on October 21, 2022, 15:49:45Dell's base warranty is 1 year in many countries. At the same time, as many private reviews on the forums have shown, for avid players, failures of video chips and power piping begin in about 1.5-2 years. Which is clearly burdensome for a normal person earning money by work.

NikoB

Quote from: DOC_ on October 21, 2022, 21:05:48Do you have any data or other facts to support this position?
Yes, my observations on the forums of Dell owners (and not only Dell) clearly show that for avid gamers, the first problems with hardware begin around 1.5 years of intensive games on "gaming" laptops. And then it problems only rise and rise. And most often for those who do not change the thermal paste and do not try to improve the cooling of the power supply for processor and video chip on mainboard, i.e.   trusted for cooling solution as it came from the factory.

RobertJasiek

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview