News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Model X key malfunction forces Glenn Howerton to give up on Tesla after support couldn't help and tow mode didn't work

Started by Redaktion, October 20, 2022, 16:25:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After speaking for a whole day to Tesla Roadside assistance and various support or sales people, actor Glenn Howerton from "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" TV shows fame told them "you lost a customer today." His Model X got stuck for 24 hours in a garage and couldn't be started with anything in the manual, nor put in tow mode.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Model-X-key-malfunction-forces-Glenn-Howerton-to-give-up-on-Tesla-after-support-couldn-t-help-and-tow-mode-didn-t-work.663272.0.html

Lewis

Fact check. Tesla uses Bluetooth not cellular to connect to the car. Here is the correct reference.
From the owners' manual
Model X supports three types of keys:
Phone key - You can set up your personal phone as a "phone key" that communicates with Model X using Bluetooth. A phone key supports automatic locking and unlocking.
Key card - Tesla provides a key card that communicates with Model X using short range radio-frequency identification (RFID) signals. The key card is used to "authenticate" phone keys to work with Model X and to add or remove other key cards, phone keys, or key fobs. Unlike the phone key and key fob, the key card does not support automatic locking and unlocking. In situations where your phone key has a dead battery, or is lost or stolen, use your key card to unlock, drive, and lock Model X.
Key fob - The key fob (if equipped) allows you to press buttons to open the front and rear trunks, and unlock, lock, and drive Model X. The key fob also supports automatic locking and unlocking, if available in your region (see Passive Locking and Unlocking) and can be used as a backup to your phone key.

Rick

Teslas come with key cards, which are the size of a credit card. My Android phone is my primary key, but I always have a card in my wallet. Fobs and phones can be lost or malfunction. The card is a backup.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview