News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Solid-state battery by Mercedes partner ProLogium first to hit 100% silicon anode for up to 620-mile range

Started by Redaktion, October 20, 2022, 12:44:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In yet another solid-state battery research breakthrough, Mercedes-Benz's partner in solid-state cell development ProLogium made the 'world premiere of 100% silicon oxide anode' at the Paris Auto Show. This time the expo is focused on electric vehicles and ProLogium said it will have solid-state battery prototypes next quarter.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Solid-state-battery-by-Mercedes-partner-ProLogium-first-to-hit-100-silicon-anode-for-up-to-620-mile-range.663233.0.html

jzj

I will continue to send this email to every writer in the hope they will finally understand battery metrics  -- if you cannot address these, the article is premature:
1.  Energy density by weight.
2.  Energy density by volume.
3.  Power density (i.e., C rating).
4.  Cycle life.
5.  Cost.
6.  Operable temperature range.
7.  In-out efficiency.
8.  Energy loss over time.
9.  Use of available/exotic materials.
10.  Dangers (toxicity, flammability, battery management finickiness, recyclability).

Castorelo

heffeque

Quote from: jzj on October 20, 2022, 21:03:04I will continue to send this email to every writer in the hope they will finally understand battery metrics  -- if you cannot address these, the article is premature:
4.  Cycle life.
5.  Cost.
7.  In-out efficiency.
10.  Dangers (toxicity, flammability, battery management finickiness, recyclability).
Nice list!
I'd only add one item to it: sturdiness.
A battery may be safe by not being toxic, flammable, may not explode, etc. but it may stop working correctly after taking a small hit, or brief water/humidity exposure, etc.

Adrian Tatum

Please cover the progress of a battery start up called SES AI. It's technology is extremely promising.

JRyder

The battery is not even in prototype yet? Jeesh, how about them di-lithium crystals the starship Enterprise is using?

Jim Spatzenfeld

Quote from: jzj on October 20, 2022, 21:03:04I will continue to send this email to every writer in the hope they will finally understand battery metrics  -- if you cannot address these, the article is premature:
4.  Cycle life.
5.  Cost.
7.  In-out efficiency.

No, it's not premature. Folks need to know that long range batteries are being produced real soon. This article is not intended for anyone to make a purchase decision of this battery.

Patrik Nordlund

I think it would be better to use smaller batteries and focus on the ability to charge fast, no one needs to drive that far without charging.

PaulZigouras

Whoever wrote this article obviously cannot add.  Going from 270 wh/kg to 330 wh/kg energy density will not get you 1000 km of range instead of 500 km. Let's compare apples-to-apples, people.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview