News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

DualSense Edge controller: Sony announces outlandish pricing and release date for premium PlayStation 5 wireless controller

Started by Redaktion, October 19, 2022, 21:35:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony has finally outlined how much the DualSense Edge controller will cost. Announcing the wireless controller's release date in the process, the DualSense Edge will be the PS5's alternative to the Xbox Elite Series 2 wireless controller.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/DualSense-Edge-controller-Sony-announces-outlandish-pricing-and-release-date-for-premium-PlayStation-5-wireless-controller.662885.0.html

Dominic Garza

What do you mean 3x the value of a Xbox Elite controller. You said $200 for this new ps5 controller and $120 for the Xbox controller. That isn't even double the value! I'd highly suggest making a correction to that statement.

AM

" but the Edge is still almost 3x the price of a regular DualSense"

If they made that mistake as you claim it, they corrected it. Otherwise you might have just misread.

Dmc2003

Quote from: Dominic Garza on October 20, 2022, 09:31:58What do you mean 3x the value of a Xbox Elite controller. You said $200 for this new ps5 controller and $120 for the Xbox controller. That isn't even double the value! I'd highly suggest making a correction to that statement.

129 for Two Xbox..  vs 199 for One ps..
That is 3x the cost.

St1tchz

Outlandish price... Lol. I was expecting $200 and it's $200... Comparable to Scuf and actually PS branded. I will gladly pay $200.

Thisperson

I dunno if I would call this outlandish pricing. I mean, sure it's 3-4x Dualsense if you get them on sale. But the Xbox Elite 2 is waaaaaaaaay old(er) and is low quality. Additionally, this is like the price of an entry level SCUF with virtually no customizations. The Reflex Pro starts at $219 and by the time you kit it out it's $400...80% as expensive as the console. Again, I wouldn't necessarily pay it, but there's a market for them and people do pay $400 for controllers.

I wonder what the warranty will be? If it has a good warranty, it may be worth the $200 bc I can't count how many Xbox and PS4 controllers I burned through.

jreed1234

This writer apparently doesn't know how to do any type of fact checks.  Xbox Elite 2 controller costs $180.  This controller is only $20 more not double the price.

Goon

This price point is right in line with basically every other custom or "pro" gaming controller. The full Elite Series 2 is often on sale, but it's standard MSRP is $189.99, not $129.99 as this article claims. Additionally, some SCUF controllers can climb even higher then that in price.

The only real concerning part is if Sony is actually only going to run this controller for a limited time. Seems like a deliberate way to create a false demand for something that is otherwise a pretty niche item.

Edge

They couldn't even be bothered to provide a charging dock with it, lol. It lets you run your cable through the case, how nice. It really is outlandish.

Swarm32

The original price of the Elite 2 was $179.99 USD 2 years ago. The only reason it's 129.99 now is if you're buying the "core" model. This is not an accurate comparison. Do some better research.

Marvis

What's outlandish with that price? At the electronic store where I work, the Xbox Elite 2 has been at the same price several times. Yeah it's cheaper now, but it's also been available for a year at least. AND, the Dualsense Edge has way more features than the Xbox Elite 2, so this price is definitely reasonable, and I was honestly expecting a higher price. Whoever complains about this obviously never got a no from their parents.

Jay S

Unlike one article I read here, The Price is ridiculous even with the so-called features that I have on my regular PS5 controller. I don't use back pedals, so that feature is not used. I can adjust trigger pull ( true, no backstop ) on my regular PS5 controller L2 & R2.
The response is a little more on the new PS5 controller but not enough to make a tactical advantage over everyone else. I will keep my $$$ in my pocket!!!
I don't need to be kitchen, lol.

S

Quote from: Dmc2003 on October 20, 2022, 15:06:40
Quote from: Dominic Garza on October 20, 2022, 09:31:58What do you mean 3x the value of a Xbox Elite controller. You said $200 for this new ps5 controller and $120 for the Xbox controller. That isn't even double the value! I'd highly suggest making a correction to that statement.

129 for Two Xbox..  vs 199 for One ps..
That is 3x the cost.
The Xbox controller is $140. Where do you get 2 for that price

FanBoyTrash

Its $20 more than an Elite 2 with two less back paddles and functionality most won't ever need; the fanboys crying about this article are hysterical. The Edge is overpriced for sure and a hard pass! ...and I make a comfortable six figures working in IT and a proud owner of ALL consoles and a self-built gaming PC. This is typical Sony giving less for more and fanboys falling in line. It'll never change because of y'all! LOL

GUAM BOMB

People complaining, main gamers pay 200 plus dollars. I paid over 200 dollars for my ps4 controller. Cynch Gaming. If you think its too expensive, then don't buy it. But I think its awesome that Sony/Microsoft is coming out with their versions of these high end controllers. Worth it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview