News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Looming Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra makes the S22 Ultra "worthless" as weight and charging support are seemingly confirmed

Started by Redaktion, October 18, 2022, 19:40:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra will supposedly make potential purchases of the Galaxy S22 Ultra "worthless" according to a noted leaker for one particular reason. Along with that statement, the same source has apparently confirmed the charging support and weight of the Galaxy S23 Ultra, which could be released in February 2023.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Looming-Samsung-Galaxy-S23-Ultra-makes-the-S22-Ultra-worthless-as-weight-and-charging-support-are-seemingly-confirmed.662819.0.html

Tj

From the title of the article, I was hoping the s23 ultra would be lighter than the s22 ultra. To me, it is very disappointing that these phones weigh so much. The s22 ultra already weighs about half a pound.
I would like to see lighter phones and more durable phones. Hopefully the extra metal will make the s23 more durable.

mixedfish

Worthless? The only thing worthless are those so attached to material crap that they think something incremental becomes worthless.

I bought a brand new S22 ultra for $890. What would be worthless is paying more for the same thing.

Alon Walker

Mikethemanorsomething

The s22 ultra has 45w charging already... Do you research things before you post them?

Fantasillion

Quote from: Mikethemanorsomething on October 19, 2022, 10:57:34The s22 ultra has 45w charging already... Do you research things before you post them?
However, it didn't actually charge faster in tests than the S21 25w models, so I'd say that this may specification-wise be true that it has 45w but it doesn't actually work.

RobertWolfgan

Quote from: Tj on October 19, 2022, 01:18:57From the title of the article, I was hoping the s23 ultra would be lighter than the s22 ultra. To me, it is very disappointing that these phones weigh so much. The s22 ultra already weighs about half a pound.
I would like to see lighter phones and more durable phones. Hopefully the extra metal will make the s23 more durable.

Sure, I'm with you. Just find/create that new metal they'll need to do that which will make it lighter yet more durable, produce it in astounding quantities and sell it to them for a fair price so it can be used. Otherwise, this is still a pipe dream, sadly... I'm still waiting for them to change the silicone and lithium to another element combined with magnesium that is more than 400% durable, holds greater energy capacity and for an incredible amount of time whilst charging almost instantly and functions many times better than modern pc processors, oh and it exists in massive amounts, more than 20 times the amount of current processor elements if I remember correctly, yet; this has been discovered almost a decade ago and I haven't seen even a company shining light into that, more like bury it the deepest they can... So I already lost all kinds of hope with technology advances and only know companies will just focus on the revenue rather than our qualitative living...

Sploon

The old phone is junk because someone on Twitter said the new one will only be 10% faster this year? Lmao and the same charging speed? It feels like this article is unresearched or intentionally super obviously wrong clickbait to boost engagement making people comment more

MBomb

Quote from: Fantasillion on October 19, 2022, 12:01:58
Quote from: Mikethemanorsomething on October 19, 2022, 10:57:34The s22 ultra has 45w charging already... Do you research things before you post them?
However, it didn't actually charge faster in tests than the S21 25w models, so I'd say that this may specification-wise be true that it has 45w but it doesn't actually work.

Yes. It does. I have a 256 GB s22 Ultra and it absolutely does super fast charge 2.0 with a 45 watt block. It charges my phone from less than 10% to full in about 45 minutes, tops. And the battery lasts all day.

SyCoREAPER

All relative. We are at a point of diminishing returns. It can be 10% all it wants but fact is virtually nothing (for most users actually nothing) takes advantage of what we have today.

So yes, sure, impressive but ultimately pointless.

BaseballFan

Alon Walker - I agree 100% with your SD comment.  I don't like streaming.  I carry music and movies wherever I go.  Note 20 with 512 gbs and 1 TB card.  It can't cost that much to add the SD card slot. I received a S22 Ultra as an insurance claim and it is still in the box waiting for Samsung to come out with a SD card phone.

Sick Thunder

I have been buying Samsung products since the Note 2 I also have purchased Motorola products for my family I like both however what is lacking in Samsung products is the SD card I do wish they would bring it back I currently amusing a Samsung Note 9 512 and I have a 512 SD card in it as well both are full maxed out I am currently in need and looking for a phone that would give me two terabytes or more of memory on board so it would be helpful if they would put the SD card back in as I like to carry all my music and movies of which I have more than 1500 movies I will refuse to buy any more Samsung phones until the SD card is put back in them I will look to an alternative such as Motorola they have the capability of two terabytes currently in some of their phones but currently you cannot purchase a 2 TB card at this time I look forward to that date that we are able to or that these phone companies will get smart enough and realize there are people who need this is part of their phone and not more and more advanced cameras it's a phone for heaven's sakes and not a professional camera they always get rid of the good stuff and charge us more for stuff that we really don't need next they'll be giving us a camera that can see through walls and I just don't need that just give me more memory at a reasonable price thank you

Jim Unger

Quote from: Tj on October 19, 2022, 01:18:57From the title of the article, I was hoping the s23 ultra would be lighter than the s22 ultra. To me, it is very disappointing that these phones weigh so much. The s22 ultra already weighs about half a pound.

who cares if it weighs a few ounces more???

JN

Worthless? It would be nice buying an old model to save hundreds while marginal spec is sacrificed. Lmao! Started to influence people as no selling point for S23.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview