News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 7 Pro utterly disappoints in a real-world gaming test

Started by Redaktion, October 16, 2022, 11:48:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Google Pixel 7 Pro has now been put through a Genshin Impact gaming test in an attempt to see just how well Google's Tensor G2 chip performs. Results are damning, and pose the new Pixel 7 phones as inadequate for gaming purposes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-7-Pro-utterly-disappoints-in-a-real-world-gaming-test.662355.0.html

JoeBlack

They release an update to make it better but TBH, I do not mind in the slightest.
I am luckily in the demographic of players that do not like slot machines and prefer to play on PC, Deck or Switch.

Eden

If I'd want a gaming phone I'll buy a razr phone at the price of an iphone. But I prefer buying a pixel at 600$ and get the 200$ pixel buds (which make the phone a 400$ phone). And then have a phone with better camera which is also smarter and with a better ui and use the 400$ extra to buy a switch pro or a steam deck to have better performance. Since heavy gaming on a phone makes no sense as it burns battery. If I want to game on the go I'll just use a console... But again if I'm desperate to play angry birds at 32k res, or codmw with auto-aim then I can also use the RAZR.

Pixel phone boi

You don't buy a Google phone for gaming. You buy a Google phone for the camera and AI convinces. If you want a gaming phone, you buy the Asus ROG phone.

WisChedda

Most who buys the Pixel 7 Pro are not looking to game. They are looking for that pure Android experience that can't be had anywhere else at this level. It's optimization, speed and camera are on par, sometimes better, for daily activities when compared to the iPhone 14 Pro Max. All this and more at a significantly lower price than its competitor. Designed with AI in mind, it's far ahead exactly where Google aimed their sights and gives the people what they are asking for. I enjoying gaming, but on my custom built PC or Switch is where I will worry about gaming, not on my phone.

Mark Wisecarver

Didn't get the 7 Pro for games, have never installed a game on any of my phones.
So far, moving up from the Pixel 5a I'm very happy.

XaviB

I agree,people don't buy pixel phones for games, we buy them for how helpful they are and for day to day tasks.  I have a Gamepass, Playstation 5, PC, and switch, I don't need to game on my phone.  That's just dumb...

Harold Bonhomme

Joe

This may or may not be true but how can anyone take this test seriously when they say the test resolution is different between devices?

NotNice

Pixel_RN

People that are true mobile gamers and joining competitions get a gaming focused phone that is absolutely trash at all the things Pixels are good at.  Google developed Pixels to be the best camera and AI phones. They play games well enough to enjoy but that's not the point and I hope never to be!

Photos, photo editing, text to speech, assistant, and machine learning are all the areas Pixels excel in far better than any phone out there on top of that it's a pure Android experience to boot!

I hate articles like these that ignore this and are just trying to trash Google and Pixels and are just click baiting for views and ad $$....shame on you notebookchat 👎🏻

Gabilleta

Who buys a Pixel for gaming? It's like buying a Mac for gaming. It's like buying a Surface laptop to game on it. Can you game on it? Yes. Is it the best for gaming? Heck no.
I hate these type of articles that go out of their way to bash a product on a category that the product isn't meant for. I wouldn't buy a gaming phone and try to grade its cameras against a Pixel, Xperia, Xiaomi, Vivo, Samsung or Apple. We all know it's gonna lose on that. But that's not why you buy a gaming phone, and this is not why anyone would buy a Pixel.

amp1080

Reddit post from other real life game testing with genshin impact says otherwise

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview