News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPads in 2024 to feature thinner hybrid OLED displays that are cheaper and do not crumple

Started by Redaktion, October 16, 2022, 08:02:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple is reportedly looking at hybrid OLED display technology in its quest to further slim the iPad. Apparently, the company is of the opinion that hybrid OLED is a better alternative to flexible OLED owing to lower production costs and also the fact that it does not look crumpled. Apple has also roped Taiwan SMT into its supply chain and is supporting the latter to expand production and undertake SMT process for mini-LED backlighting.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPads-in-2024-to-feature-thinner-hybrid-OLED-displays-that-are-cheaper-and-do-not-crumple.661437.0.html

Ivan Kolarov

I do not understand - why should iPad be thinner than now? A thousand times I'd prefer it to be thicker but with a much bigger battery!

duh

Quote from: Ivan Kolarov on October 16, 2022, 15:30:09I do not understand - why should iPad be thinner than now? A thousand times I'd prefer it to be thicker but with a much bigger battery!

duh

Ednumero

Agree with the points on unnecessary prioritization of thinness.

But also, I'm unsure sure how fitting of a name "hybrid OLED" is for this tech. The term "hybrid" makes me initially think it will be some kind of mix between OLED and LCD, rather than anything to do with rigidity.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview