News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Galaxy A13 5G: Is Samsung missing the sign of the times?

Started by Redaktion, October 15, 2022, 19:24:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Galaxy A13 5G is a viable option for everyone looking for a truly affordable 5G phone. However, some the manufacturer's choices make actually recommending the device difficult...

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Galaxy-A13-5G-Is-Samsung-missing-the-sign-of-the-times.661489.0.html

DaveG

Considering this phone as I don't live on my phone (just casual use really).  My biggest gripe is that no one seems to want to offer a 6" phone these days. I like to carry it in my front pocket and 6.5/6.6in is just too big.  May upgrade to a Pixel 6a instead. 

EdwP

First, my 3G phone was a Samsung galaxy grand prime purchased 7 years ago for $175.
5G swapfree was a Motorola, so horrible and heavy, I paid for the Samsung A13 discussed here thinking it would seem less of an adjustment for me. Slimmer, yes. Lighter,yes. Slippery as hell, yes. Current example of difficulty...each time I correctly just now entered the word  hell..it word corrected me to he'll, three times, then I had to hit a 'check' mark to tell it I want the spelling I had entered. This happens alot...isn't hell a common word??
If your considering this A13 model, just move on my opinion, God I pray there's something better in the 5G world, but I'm not sure.
!Speakers are what I call 'directional' depending on the feature you're using, it's just a pain.
!In long conversation, handheld use, Hand goes numb from holding the weight. Never a problem with grand prime version.
!Charging is slow, even with the 'fast' charger.
!Basic response, like touch and swiping is slow or has to be done several times to even answer incoming call. I had to retrain myself how to swipe to be able to answer the calls.
!Spellchecker/corrector is crap, like for the word crap, it might change word to drape. See note above on word hell.
!Did I mention it is slow.
!Keyboard is small unless you have child fingers. I adjusted to alternate keyboard to make it usable.
!Camera!It's actually terrible. Grand Prime was amazing and expanding into zoom still showed remarkable detail. I'm an artist so this was a huge let down. Just for a simple photo resolution is just basic and expanding/zoom the image pixelates immediately so bad the image is rotten.
!It's also slow to click the 'shutter' once you've touch 'take photo' button. I mean it's like a pause, before it snaps photo.
!Maneuvering is screwy, it makes you work much harder than I'd think is necessary just to move through things.
!Deleting things like emails and texts, also scewry...see how it just preferred it's spelling of screwy. Swiping items off the screen automatically readjusts the listing, so you cannot delete many items quickly as you'll delete things you want. Luckily there's a very handy, but questionable why this was necessary, Undo delete button.
!I removed or disable all apps of no use to me, updates keep loading more undesirables.
!Data usage, I've got unlimited, but somehow get warnings and my usage is mostly basic, I think you can tell I'm not a teenager.
Last month I somehow exceeded unlimited. Response crawled unless I moved to wifi then it was sluggish,  ...why am I paying more monthly for unlimited than the 3G sweetheart who never clapped back at me.
!Data usage II, I've come to the conclusion that 5G, is only a way for 'them' forcing you into a larger screen that can be continually filled with advertising links that pop continually. This of corse, see how auto correct couldn't figure out course, corse is not a word in English. All the ads eat your data, all day, all night, Maryann. OH, there's the Data usage warning....welcome to slow baby.
P.S. my hand went numb holding this brick 5 minutes ago.
So, I'm not saying to not spend your bucks on a device if it's what you find within your budget. But, I moved to Samsung from it's track record with the Grand Prime. I didn't know how good I had had it...

DaviD Aaron

I recommend different keyboard as one of the people said it's pretty small that being said one of the things I like about the A13 at least the US version if it's the unlock one and you got Android 12 on it you can put two sim cards in it. I love that will screen resolution is a downgrade compared to the a20 that's kind of sad but it's bigger screen than the iPhone SE .no wireless charging like iphone SE though.but it does support NFC for Google pay are Samsung pay that's cool . The phone is fast in my eyes seens to work real good still and as Samsung the unlock on came out USA in 2022 so it comes with 5 years of up dates that's plus compare that to the other two examples of phones that you mentioned here Motorola for example good luck getting even a few years of updates on that phone will be nice and pretty but you're not going to get software updates. I bring up the iPhone SE I have the 2020 one that get five years of updates from year it came out so buying that make sure get the 2022 one . Samsung does support there phones with updates that's why I got the A13 too

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview