News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Barcelo-R Ryzen 5 7530U brings Zen 3 into the mix for the messy AMD Ryzen 7000 mobile APU lineup

Started by Redaktion, October 14, 2022, 22:05:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Another Ryzen 7000 processor has recently been discovered, with the AMD Ryzen 5 7530U with Radeon Graphics making an appearance on the SiSoftware Sandra database. The Ryzen 5 7530U brings Zen 3 architecture to the Ryzen 7000 mobile processor lineup, which already features Zen 2 and Zen 4-based SKUs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Barcelo-R-Ryzen-5-7530U-brings-Zen-3-into-the-mix-for-the-messy-AMD-Ryzen-7000-mobile-APU-lineup.662046.0.html

Poster

I guess I'll be making the switch back to Intel. This new 7000 series is cumbersome and will cause confusion for the average buyer. But for me seeing AMD 'refreshing' again down to Zen 2 parts shows a shift to deceptive practices. PC manufacturers will definitely take full advantage of this okay to sell old technology in new cases and make a ton doing so. I'm still waiting for the 6000 series CPUs to hit the budget and mid-range (both upper and lower) for my potential customers. Series like the ho pavilion, envy, Lenovo flex etc. Still can't even find the Yoga 7 with the 6000 series in the US. AMD dropped the ball on this one. They had the upper hand over Intel with the integrated 680m gpu, with overall great Apu performance. But this makes no difference when you can't buy it anywhere except for high-end models and very few upper mid-range/premium models. Now they about to pull these shenanigans, I'm jumping ship.

Anonym

Quote from: Poster on October 14, 2022, 22:55:30I guess I'll be making the switch back to Intel. This new 7000 series is cumbersome and will cause confusion for the average buyer. But for me seeing AMD 'refreshing' again down to Zen 2 parts shows a shift to deceptive practices. PC manufacturers will definitely take full advantage of this okay to sell old technology in new cases and make a ton doing so. I'm still waiting for the 6000 series CPUs to hit the budget and mid-range (both upper and lower) for my potential customers. Series like the ho pavilion, envy, Lenovo flex etc. Still can't even find the Yoga 7 with the 6000 series in the US. AMD dropped the ball on this one. They had the upper hand over Intel with the integrated 680m gpu, with overall great Apu performance. But this makes no difference when you can't buy it anywhere except for high-end models and very few upper mid-range/premium models. Now they about to pull these shenanigans, I'm jumping ship.
Well, winter is coming, so I get the appeal of switching to space heaters that can also do some computation.

Erik

Quote from: Anonym on October 15, 2022, 13:08:19Well, winter is coming, so I get the appeal of switching to space heaters that can also do some computation.
For home heating I would just get a Ryzen 7000 desktop, a CPU running at 90°C 24/7 will make your room pleasantly warm this winter.

kek

Quote from: Anonym on October 15, 2022, 13:08:19
Quote from: Poster on October 14, 2022, 22:55:30I guess I'll be making the switch back to Intel. This new 7000 series is cumbersome and will cause confusion for the average buyer. But for me seeing AMD 'refreshing' again down to Zen 2 parts shows a shift to deceptive practices. PC manufacturers will definitely take full advantage of this okay to sell old technology in new cases and make a ton doing so. I'm still waiting for the 6000 series CPUs to hit the budget and mid-range (both upper and lower) for my potential customers. Series like the ho pavilion, envy, Lenovo flex etc. Still can't even find the Yoga 7 with the 6000 series in the US. AMD dropped the ball on this one. They had the upper hand over Intel with the integrated 680m gpu, with overall great Apu performance. But this makes no difference when you can't buy it anywhere except for high-end models and very few upper mid-range/premium models. Now they about to pull these shenanigans, I'm jumping ship.
Well, winter is coming, so I get the appeal of switching to space heaters that can also do some computation.

Leave it to AMD fanboys to praise anything their favorite company does. If this were Intel mixing old parts with news, they would get burned down.

kek

I agree. This same reason was why I skipped over AMD 5000 series. It was a mess. Zen 3 parts with old APUS, meanwhile new APUs were partnered with old cpus lol.

And on desktop, I think I will stick to Intel, for now. AM5 has yet to prove itself.

Anonymousgg

Poster

The problem is that you can't buy AMD  apus for any of the popular and otherwise laptop models for consumer use. The mid-range and upper mid-range market. As stated before models like hp envy(x360), pavilion, Lenovo IdeaPad (flex) yoga 7 for us market, and even Dell Inspiron 5000/7000 (2in1) series. Many others as well. These are the models my potential customers would want to buy, not all gaming and niche models. This is 9 months now after anouncement and still nothing. Usually the end of year model refresh) upgrades should have happened already. AMD and their vapourware. Intel sells way more cause they have the product available. Won't wait a while year for and to hit with their 6000u series in the aforementioned models when they announce the new 7000u models months before. This what they did with the Barcelo, releasing it to these models in April/may instead of the 6000u

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview