News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GeForce RTX 4080 12 GB abruptly cancelled ahead of November release

Started by Redaktion, October 14, 2022, 19:22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In an unprecedented move, Nvidia has announced that the GeForce RTX 4080 12 GB graphics card has been "unlaunched". The company has also confirmed that the GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB will be purchasable starting on November 16.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-RTX-4080-12-GB-abruptly-cancelled-ahead-of-November-release.662039.0.html

RobertJasiek

This cancellation is the best Nvidia news since I started following them 2.5 years ago. Now, a reasonable 4070 at a reasonable price becomes possible.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: RobertJasiek on October 14, 2022, 20:15:29This cancellation is the best Nvidia news since I started following them 2.5 years ago. Now, a reasonable 4070 at a reasonable price becomes possible.

The price doesn't matter. Nvidia just wants to sell off its stockpile of 30-series GPUs. That's why 40-series prices are so high and the 4090 launched first.

RobertJasiek

The price does matter because it decides whether I buy a 4000 or 3000 card at all. If Nvidia wants to sell 3000 series, it needs to drop prices a lot. If Nvidia wants to sell 4080, it needs to drop prices a lot.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview