News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Underwhelming AMD Radeon RX 7000 performance estimate renders it incapable of competing with Ada Lovelace in rasterization and raytracing

Started by Redaktion, October 13, 2022, 04:52:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Bilibili leaker Enthusiast Citizen states that the AMD Radeon RX 7000 graphics cards will go on sale in December. AMD will launch only two flagship SKUs at its November 3 event, neither of which can outperform the GeForce RTX 4090 in rasterization or raytracing.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Underwhelming-AMD-Radeon-RX-7000-performance-estimate-renders-it-incapable-of-competing-with-Ada-Lovelace-in-rasterization-and-raytracing.661709.0.html

RobertJasiek

"users on a budget, who will have no choice but to buy the GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB and the GeForce RTX 4080 12 GB"

Do not spread manufacturers' PR that either would be a "budget" card"! Quite contrarily.

SebLae

The GPU Market is out of control. 450 W power consumption and the price tags are insane. A user on a budget will buy none at all and switch to xbox or playstation, maybe even a steam deck.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Time on October 13, 2022, 08:33:34I thought $300-$500 was a budget card

In 2000, I bought a budget graphics card for less than DM 50, which would have been about €25. You have been corrupted to call $300 budget level.

Nowadays, budget is an iGPU, such as 680M in 6800U.

Canopus72

Anil Gandu is incapable of writing unbiased, unprejudiced articles whenever it comes to AMD. He does it every time. Also look at his absurd comment 'gamers on a budget are forced to by the RTX4080'.

Since when has the X80 gfx cards been a budget range?.

LHPSU

I thought it was made very clear that the high-end RX7000 are not trying to compete with the 4090.

Ira Wechsler

This article is NOT fact based and this person has no record showing past accuracy in his prognostications. I firmly believe he is a Nvidia troll with malicious intent. It was irresponsible for this byllcrap to be published

Yesimheem

John D

Total bs article. This oaf wouldn't be able to kick a cone if it was right in front of him. Baseless junk that's written nowadays.

Linc

But...so few games use Ray tracing, and those that do don't look that much better really.  So WHY would the RX 7000 be hobbled by not being 'quite as good' as Nvida's Ada Lovelace?   This just seems like so much nothing.  I have no doubt that Ray Tracing is teh future, but we are still three to five years away form ist being a necessity. Moreover, the "quibbling difference' between AMD's and NVIDA's current technology for rasterization is not that pronounced.

Andrew sz.

What an absolutely bs article. I expect better than people being paid by Nvidia to push articles like this.

Greg Mohney

"The obnoxiously long wait time will be painful for users on a budget, who will have no choice but to buy the GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB and the GeForce RTX 4080 12 GB in November."

LOL, what?  People on a budget buying 4080s?  NOONE ON A BUDGET IS BUYING CURRENT GEN CARDS.

I'm on a budget, you know what I have?  A 2080Super.  And I'm not looking to upgrade any time soon. 

Joshthornton

A bit skeptical about this information with no evidence. AMD aiming for 400w or so for their highest end part (apparently). >50% perf/watt gen over gen, straight from AMD. Napkin math alone tells you they should be able to double the 6900 xt's raster perf, maybe even double the 6950 xt's. If they decide not to hobble their cards with a garbage bandwidth and keep the infinity cache relatively high, it should make up for the lacklustre 4k performance a bit. Yeah, the 4090 is a beast. It's also 1600$ lol. AMD will have stupidly good yields with MCM, so they could cut nvidias monolithic, overpriced legs beneath them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview