News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

iPhone SE 4: New leak reveals details of Apple's next compact phone including a lack of Face ID

Started by Redaktion, October 03, 2022, 17:30:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple seems to already have the fourth-gen iPhone SE in the works. A new leak from a generally solid source has now revealed some important details of the compact phone, with Face ID expected to be absent—while a price bump from the iPhone SE (2022) appears to be on the cards as well.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/iPhone-SE-4-New-leak-reveals-details-of-Apple-s-next-compact-phone-including-a-lack-of-Face-ID.658991.0.html

JRUK

Er....

"For one, the next-gen iPhone SE—or the iPhone SE 4 as it will be referred to henceforth—will debut as Apple's only compact phone after the company eschewed the release of an iPhone 14 Mini. According to prior reports, the iPhone SE 4 will adopt the design of the iPhone XR."

iPhone XR: 5.94 x 2.98 x 0.33 inches | 6.84 oz

iPhone 14: 5.78 x 2.81 x 0.31 inches | 6.07 oz

Wwwwww

Yeah if this is true is it a terrible move. The 5.4" mini form factor should be rolled into the SE line and all LCD panel models need to go.

Johhno

Quote from: Wwwwww on October 03, 2022, 20:52:55Yeah if this is true is it a terrible move. The 5.4" mini form factor should be rolled into the SE line and all LCD panel models need to go.
Says someone who obviously doesn't suffer with the PWM that Apple use on their OLED screens. Great for you that you don't, but there are a significant number of people out there who are unable to use the eye straining, headache inducing OLED screens on the newer iPhones. Long live LCD.

Mike H

The problem is that the media, or apple, has labeled smaller phones as "budget" phones.  I will pay the same price for the small form factor of the original SE as their non-"budget" phones.  I don't want a large phone and I don't expect a discount because the phone is smaller. But maybe they tested this with the "mini" series?  I would like same camera configuration as the larger phones...but it is true, I don't want face ID either, it is not a secure method to unlock the phone.

رخساره

والا با این اوضاع گرونی من یکی فکر نکن بتونم در این زندگی یکی ازینا داشته بلشم
ایشاالله بهشت 😊

Nicole

I love my SE regardless of it being a "budget" phone! This is not at all the reason I chose an SE, it's an addrd perk in my opinion! I don't want to lug around a phone that weighs as much as my toddler and I prefer LCD as well! Like Mike H I would pay the same price for my SE as I would for it's giant counterparts IF I even WANTED one of them things! So, don't knock my tiny phone w/ the tiny price tag😠!!!!!

Marie

And I also loved my iPhone se 1st gen as well as my se 2020 and my new 2022.I had a pink se 1st gen and silver 1st as well as the red for both my se 20 and 22.I don't like the weight of the newer iPhones lately and I only wish that they offered se in more than 3 colors. Absolutely best move for apple to include 5g with the se 22.Long live the se generations,all of them.

Paulus He

Instant buy for me if this is true! Forget about it being a budget phone. I want LCD (for battery life as I prefer light mode) and fingerprint (because my situation requires me to be masked most of the time).
Hopefully it is USB C also.

Joe

That's dumbest idea. Notch is the ugliest thing and it's so 2017. The reason why 14 Pros are selling so much better than the regular 14 is the dynamic island.

John Doe

I have been buying SE series phones for the home button and TouchID. Initially also for the size but I'm open to a larger model if the iPhone 8 Plus chassis is used.

The lower price is definitely a bonus but not the main incentive.

Can't stand a notch -- It's ugly. What's it for? I'd rather sacrifice the awkward "extra" screen on the sides of the notch to make the screen look normal again.

Home button allows quick app switching while doing so with swipes is often hit/miss and slower.

FaceID can lead to a lot more accidental/unintended unlockings -- someone just grabs your phone and points it at your face. You always have to look at your phone but don't have to put your finger on a fingerprint sensor.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview