News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

SunJack portable solar panel hands-on

Started by Redaktion, October 01, 2022, 05:20:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The SunJack 60 Watt foldable solar panels are designed for the techie on the go. With USB-A, USB-C, and DC charging ports, the panel assembly can charge most gadgets almost anywhere on Earth... as long as there's ample sunlight. To this end, they remain a niche product.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/SunJack-portable-solar-panel-hands-on.645823.0.html

Osama's ghost

The world is pushing toward renewable, or "green," energy.

The elites are pushing this. And the terrible present-day scientists do, too, no idea how they can live with themselves.

Carbon dioxide is bad, yeah.... what about thousands of other dangerous substances including petrol and aviation fuel? Why don't the corrupt politician stop flying to other continents every day? Can't they just call each other like we do? Nah, apparantly they can't.

Cows fart way too often, let's cut greenhouse gas emissions by getting rid of'em! Let's eat bugs instead! Woooo-hoooo!

Jesus, this planet is crazy. Use you brain, will you?

Oflodor

You know that the mass of livestock is about the double of the mass of human and that the wild terrain animals are one third of the human mass [1]? Do you think that this was the way the world was shaped prior the humans formed society? The disequilibrium is caused by your way of acting: you, which want eating meat at the lower price, and of course, by the market which is counting on your behave. Personally I don't think solar panels are the solution, particularly considering the current construction technology, but your ideas about elites are crazy: you can easily be a qanon believer.
[1] see table S23 of https:__ www.pnas.org_content_suppl_2018_07_13_1711842115.DC1 (no links allowed for new users, so I changed / with _)

Oflodor

Jam65

Quote from: Oflodor on October 01, 2022, 11:19:52You know that the mass of livestock is about the double of the mass of human and that the wild terrain animals are one third of the human mass [1]? Do you think that this was the way the world was shaped prior the humans formed society? The disequilibrium is caused by your way of acting: you, which want eating meat at the lower price, and of course, by the market which is counting on your behave. Personally I don't think solar panels are the solution, particularly considering the current construction technology, but your ideas about elites are crazy: you can easily be a qanon believer.
[1] see table S23 of https:__ www.pnas.org_content_suppl_2018_07_13_1711842115.DC1 (no links allowed for new users, so I changed / with _)

My comment is not relevant, but I praise the use of citation to scientific articles in peer reviewed scientific journals! Thanks Oflodor :D
They may be not the green game-changer technology to solve the global demand of energy (we are too many!), but is still a small step  in the right direction.

Oflodor

I was wrong citing percentages, since I went by memory. These are the overall masses reported in table S23 of the Supplementary Material, whose I was referring to:
Livestock 0.1
Humans 0.06
Wild mammals 0.007

The Werewolf

Uhm... you realise you could use this to charge say, a 20,000 mAH battery and then use that to charge other devices when the sun isn't out, right?

Sam Medley

Review author here.
Re: The Werewolf
Yes, that's a good example. However, my points about potential heat damage holds, particularly with large LiIon batteries which can expand in heat and potentially explode.

GreivingDaughter

Maybe it's less about environmentalism and more about giving someone more options. I can use it to work by my mom's grave.

George Simpson

I read the review with interest as recharging on the go and in the wild is of interest to many folks that go into the outdoors 'off the grid'.

While the author mentioned the size he did not mention ether the weight (very important for 'portable' applications' nor was able to measure the actual output.

The idea that a '60W' solar panel might actually charge at a mere 10W (as the author guess at) makes it not only vastly over rated but fairly useless.

One application I could see for a panel of this type is to recharge a portable power station. Most of which have MPPT charge controllers and can power/recharge multiple devices.

Another drawback I can see is that the individual panels are not flexible which would make them fragile in hiking/backpacking/portable applications.

All the author would need is a inexpensive ($5-$10) DVM to measure the actual output.

George.

Sam Medley

Review author here.
Re: George Simpson
Thank you for the valuable feedback. The entire panel array weighs just under 5 pounds (4.8 lbs, 2.2 kg). I've added this to the review.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview