News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leak: Lenovo website lists 30th Anniversary Edition of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon G10

Started by Redaktion, September 30, 2022, 14:04:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Five years ago, Lenovo celebrated the 25th anniversary of its ThinkPad brand with the ThinkPad 25, a special edition ThinkPad that featured the classic IBM style keyboard. Lenovo appears to be launching another commemorative ThinkPad, although the new 30th Anniversary Edition of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon G10 skips the retro keyboard.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leak-Lenovo-website-lists-30th-Anniversary-Edition-of-the-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-G10.658758.0.html

kony

Logoffon

Nor did they brought back full set of ports and slots instead of using dongles, 4:3 display, upgradable CPU, GPU, RAM, storage, and networking, separate buttons for trackpad below it, TrackPoint-only option, ThinkLight, UltraBase docking, removable and upgradable battery, UltraBay, lid latches, and some more old stuff that were sadly killed by manufacturer's obsession of making "thinner and lighter" laptops.

The fact that they're using X1 as a base already shows how much they shot themselves in foot. I'd rather go out of the way and get those mods from XY Tech or 51nb to celebrate instead.

Elder Geeksman

Quote from: kony on September 30, 2022, 15:33:55"it does not bring back the classic keyboard"

So there's no reason to buy it.

My thoughts exactly. It's literally just a money grab with some stickers being the only mod. Yes, technology moves on, suppliers change capabilities, the platforms change... But it's just tone deaf. Is there anyone left in a position of authority at Lenovo that gives any kind of fig about the IBM legacy? It would appear not. Embarrassing, and for this geek, vaguely tragic. I'll get a Framework instead.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview