News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GPD Win 4: Company boasts that new console is 'better than Steam Deck' in launch date and specifications announcement

Started by Redaktion, September 21, 2022, 15:11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

GPD has confirmed all specifications for the Win 4, its Radeon 680M and Ryzen 7 6800U-powered gaming handheld. Not only has the company outlined the Win 4's specifications, but it has also announced its launch date. For some reason, GPD keeps gunning for the Valve Steam Deck too.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-Win-4-Company-boasts-that-new-console-is-better-than-Steam-Deck-in-launch-date-and-specifications-announcement.655085.0.html

Hxzrat

It's like saying my £3000 PC is better than an Xbox, like yeah of course it's going to be better? Because it costs 2x as much. The steam deck is amazing price to performance

Esprit

If it's so much better than the Valve Steam Deck why does it look like a cross between the T-Mobile Sidekick and the PSP ? I guarantee you it doesn't have the screen size that the valve steam deck does.

Scott

The 6800u really only outperforms the steam deck over 15w.  A 1080p screen doesnt make a lot ot sense at 6", the win 2 screen was 720p.  The steam deck experience is a lot better than windows.  From the devices I own, the 8.4" onexplayer is usually my go to over the steam deck.

Nikojiro

I recently got a 2nd hand Win 3 and it's already quite the beast, and a very nice compact form factor. Really excited about the 4th iteration.

NYTony

Um yeah, they can claim it's better than the Steam Deck but it is also more than twice the price.  If they want to compare to Steam Deck, they need to get the price in the same ball park.

Frankly I love my Steam Deck, got the mid range one, and it was under $600.  I'm not spending upwards of 1200 on a hand held game system.  Just not happening. 

SirWrecksALot

The Steam deck, at this point in time, has value in its price range.  Anything GPD brings out goes OVER that by a large margin.  Even the higher end of the Steam Deck line is currently cheaper than what GPD Win has - which is TWICE the price range of what a Steam Deck costs.  For their prices, I might as well BUILD my new desktop gaming rig on my own that's still cheaper.

AbsoluteUnit

Wow! This sounds incredible! Surely this device doesn't cost over $1000 and runs Windows...

Oh wait.

Instead of GPD trying to bash the Steam Deck and release devices twice as costly, maybe they should make a device that out competes the Deck at its own price point.

Nitroxis

Looks like a combination of a PS Mini, PS Vita, and one of those old slide up keyboard phones. I guarantee that keyboard with its tiny keys is awkward to use too. I much prefer the Deck's on screen keyboard to that.

Shaun

Well what do you expect? This is a relatively small Chinese company that only sells hardware. They literally cannot sell this much cheaper and still profit. Valve sells the Steam Deck at a major loss, but they do this because of the assurance that the loss will most likely be made up for in software sales. GPD doesn't have a storefront like Valve does and the two are like David and Goliath.

I don't get why the majority of people still cannot figure this out. It's not rocket science.

Steamdeck diehard

I agree with everyone, there is no way it bests the SD in price-to-benefit ratio, not to mention Valve has customer service that's pretty hard to beat.

To be fair, since it uses Windows, it's game compatibility will be far superior to the SD. And it does piggyback on the advances in SteamOS

Kino King

Quote from: Scott on September 22, 2022, 20:29:19The 6800u really only outperforms the steam deck over 15w.  A 1080p screen doesnt make a lot ot sense at 6", the win 2 screen was 720p.  The steam deck experience is a lot better than windows.  From the devices I own, the 8.4" onexplayer is usually my go to over the steam deck.
Its quite a noticeable difference between 800p and 1080p on a 6" device. I have a plethora of handheld devices I've used to make that judgement. Additionally, the Ryzen 7 6800U starts outperforming the Van Gogh APU found in the Steam Deck at 11w TDP and at 15w most games run 15-25% better with the ability to increase the gap to 28w tdp or further such as the upcoming Ayaneo 2 (32w). The max supported tdp on the Steam Deck is 15w which is fine because it only houses a smaller 40wh battery not meant to play at higher tdp.

LoganPaul

Lol all the steam deck fan boys hating, too funny. There is so much here that is better than the steam deck. Will it be more expensive, absolutely. Don't hate it because you can't afford it. There are a lot of people that paid a premium for the steam deck off of scalpers. If you need cheap, get a steam deck. If you want the best and most flexible,get the gpd win 4. Also, it runs steam os as well, so anyone hating on windows has another option...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview