News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i5-13600K multi-core performance tramples the Ryzen 5 7600X in valid Geekbench entry

Started by Redaktion, September 09, 2022, 13:15:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Thanks to frequent leaks, we don't have to wait for an official announcement from Intel to get an idea about the performance of the Raptor Lake chips. Following the lead of the Core i9-13900K and the Core i7-13700KF, the Core i5-13600K has stopped by Geekbench for a set of valid single and multi-threaded tests.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-13600K-multi-core-performance-tramples-the-Ryzen-5-7600X-in-valid-Geekbench-entry.648119.0.html

meh

"Adding core-count just because you can...  doesn't result in better performance."

Ryan Shrout, Chief Performance Strategeist, Intel, 2019.nov.

Xs

It most likely beat 7700x in multi. But for a lot of people that won't matter. It needs to perform well in gaming otherwise anyone looking for multi perf. Will be looking at 7950x/13900k. And 7950x is standing like a champ.

John Olswang

What is the power draw. As you have not got one in your hands how can you comment with any sense of validity?

New England Rat

First off I am not a fan boy of either brand. I buy what ever is the best performer in the respective generation I am in the market for.

Corporations are not our friends, notebookcheck is not our friend. They will do what ever it takes to get you to buy their product. That is their reason for existing.

DO NOT BUY OR COMMIT TO BUY ANY PRODUCT THAT HASNT HAD FORMAL INDEPENDENT REVIEWS. Leaks mean nothing.

Neither Intel or AMDs review enbargos have come to pass yet.

Leaks 90% of the time are inaccurate in one form or another.

Note book check has indeed be pumping out daily pro intel "leaks" since August. 

Please use brain cells and be patient.

HH Scott

Don't believe the hype!!!

Multi thread performance on these chips won't even be used by the majority of programs, because they're not designed to make use of this design yet. Never mind in gaming where multi core performance is basically unimportant, with very few exceptions. Not to mention that this could all be BS anyway, as most leaks nowadays are anyways.

Enjoy what you have now, and buy only what's been officially released already, and that's been fully vetted by independent 3rd parties that can be trusted. Like Gamers Nexus on YouTube, just to name one.
✌️

Joe

I don't know how anyone could possibly be surprised that a 20 thread chip beats a 12 thread chip in multicore benchmarks.   The 7600x is being marketed as a gaming chip and it's single core crushes the 13600k.   So for the people who actually buy entry level cpus the 7600x is better at the tasks they will actually care about even if it loses a multicore benchmark.

Cleo

As far as gaming is concerned the AMD silicon is logically better than the Intel and that is simply because of the fact that in gaming single core benchmarks matter while multicore don't. If anything these preliminary benchmarks show that the AMD silicon is gonna be a gaming beast while its Intel counterpart is gonna be a brilliant multicore monster that can crush heavy workloads with ease. These two chips have never been more different than now and the choice between them never so easy. Honestly, saying anything concretely right now is bonkers as the chips haven't even been released yet.

Also, I'd like to point out that when you compare a two generation old chip to the brand spanking new one, what the heck do you excpect from that comparison? Isn't it obvious that the newer one will be better in almost every aspect?! If this type of comparison is here then I'd like to say something too.

AMD has a better chip for Gaming while being a gen older!

gianlucadm

So Intel lose in single-threaded Performance and only win multi-threaded by 40% with more than twice the cores? Yikes, how the mighty have fallen. Thank you AMD for being the saviours of PC gaming, you guys single-handedly made it exciting again!

Loach

I love the fair-minded articles of notebookcheck..Geekbench is known for favouring Intel CPU-s...I am really curious what the i5 can do in rendering vs the 7600x..for example

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview