News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple A16 Bionic hammers the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 in first leaked CPU benchmark

Started by Redaktion, September 08, 2022, 10:58:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The A16 Bionic chipset on the Apple iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max has now made its first trip to Geekbench, where it demolishes its Android rivals, the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 and MediaTek Dimensity 9000+, with up to a 40% performance advantage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-A16-Bionic-hammers-the-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-in-first-leaked-CPU-benchmark.647698.0.html

88&88

best choice, specially when nowadays phones reached high performance level and doesn't exist a sigle consumer that  use more calculations, excepts videos editing and play games, is useless put more performance cores, meanwhile mantaining same perfs but consuming less and using better process node is still the best choice.

Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc

that is why apple didn't say a word about this, it's unchanged from a15, LOL
this means snapdragon 8 gen 2 will stomp over a16 this year

AndrewK

Haven't had an iPhone for a hot second, but has Apple allowed split screen multitasking on the Max versions yet?

If not, what's the point? Sure, you got a chip fit for a laptop, you still can't have a pdf open while writing an email...

Samus

Quote from: Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc on September 08, 2022, 18:39:23that is why apple didn't say a word about this, it's unchanged from a15, LOL
Lol snapdragon is still catching up to A13 what ate you even talking about? :))))

Samus

Quote from: Samus on September 09, 2022, 01:00:55
Quote from: Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc on September 08, 2022, 18:39:23that is why apple didn't say a word about this, it's unchanged from a15, LOL
Lol snapdragon is still catching up to A13 what ate you even talking about? :))))

jasonlee

All that supposed power and what can you ACTUALLY do with it? open tiktok or snachat 2 seconds faster then an android? dont get me wrong I use iphone and will get the 14 pro max, but these stupid artificial benchmarks and chip drooling needs to stop, i dont care how fast the chip is, i care more about what it can achieve, or what its Operating system will allow, and we all know how walled in the IOS is compared to android, and yes android has its issues as well, but the thing that STILL astounds me about android is how it can open an app that is designed to run on 24,000 devices with all sorts of resolutions and requirements and adjust accordingly in a mere split second, IOS has what 6 different devices with about  6-8 different resolutions all encoded and built by apple/developers to a strict level of coding, android by its very nature should be literally lagging miles behind, move on from this stupid chip wars, apple are by far and away the leaders, but by far and away more restrictive so the end user NeVER benefits from such raw power

Martykinn

The A13 in my iPhone SE also beats the SD8 Gen 1 in my Motorola Edge Plus by a little over 100 points in Geekbench 5. Almost 300 points for the SD 888 in my Galaxy S21+ 

1319/3246 for A13 (iPhone SE 2020)

1197/3409 for SD8 Gen 1 (Motorola Edge+ 2022)

1038/3350 for SD888 (Samsung Galaxy S21+)

Lex

Quote from: jasonlee on September 09, 2022, 02:14:34All that supposed power and what can you ACTUALLY do with it?

ehm how do you think camera computes all this exceptional algorithms?

VAYK

From about 5 years everybody knows that the bionic is not better then other 5, 4nm soc in android phone! This is about the android and IOS! IOS is lighter and easiest for moving! By the way bionic is made not only from the TSMC but from Samsung too! Every year the machine is changed and the new process has come for snapdragon, samsung, hisilicon, google and apple

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview