News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte presents premium AMD Ryzen 7000 X670E AORUS MASTER motherboard with flimsy USB4 support

Started by Redaktion, September 06, 2022, 16:50:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Even though AMD promised USB4 support for the upcoming Zen4-based processors, it looks like this feature could still see very limited availability even on premium AM5 motherboards. Gigabyte's new X670E AORUS MASTER, for instance, does not feature any USB4 ports, but supports a future USB4 add-in card.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-presents-premium-AMD-Ryzen-7000-X670E-AORUS-MASTER-motherboard-with-flimsy-USB4-support.647376.0.html

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: Peter183 on September 06, 2022, 19:22:42What about the PCIe slots!? I see 3x16 slots. What are their specs?

You are maybe seeing the RAM slots? There is only one PCIe 5.0 X16 protected by the cooling plates.

shakee

Quote from: Bogdan Solca on September 06, 2022, 21:25:21
Quote from: Peter183 on September 06, 2022, 19:22:42What about the PCIe slots!? I see 3x16 slots. What are their specs?

You are maybe seeing the RAM slots? There is only one PCIe 5.0 X16 protected by the cooling plates.

There are two more pcie slots (physical x16) below. I think they are asking whether they are pcie4 or pcie5 and how many lanes they provide.

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: shakee on September 07, 2022, 02:19:00There are two more pcie slots (physical x16) below. I think they are asking whether they are pcie4 or pcie5 and how many lanes they provide.
There is no info on the official page for those two slots. Since they are color coded with black and Gigabyte did not care to provide specs for them, they most likely are PCIe 4.0 X16 / X8. Full specs should be released soon.

Deano

Are there any motherboards based on the new AMD chipset that come without WiFi?

I have Ethernet switches for my PC connections and don't need WiFi on my home or gaming PC's...

I have never understood this wasted effort putting WiFi in any form on motherboards like these.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview