News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X multi-core Cinebench R23 performance seemingly much better than previously rumored without needing 360 mm AIO cooling

Started by Redaktion, September 05, 2022, 09:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X has been rumored to trade blows with the Core i9-13900K in single-core as well as multi-core workloads. However, a recent Cinbench R23 showing of the Ryzen 9 7950X puts the chip behind the Intel Core i9-13900K in multi-threaded tasks. Now a couple of Tweets from reliable leaker Greymon55 aim to rectify the thermal and performance concerns of the Ryzen 9 7950X.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-9-7950X-multi-core-Cinebench-R23-performance-seemingly-much-better-than-previously-rumored-without-needing-360-mm-AIO-cooling.646935.0.html

q

I dont think that the rumors about horrible Ryzen 7xxx temps were BS, I just think that what actually leaked were some pre-production units with unfinished chipsets, beta bios, without proper voltage optimization and unfinished work inside CCX, or whatever else magic they are gonna do before releasing finished products... And maybe, just maybe these were pre-production units that were desined for some TDP/temp tortures, so AMD could actually see, if it will work during sustainšed 95°C or something like that. I am not AMD fanboy, but practices I mentioned above are very common before releasing CPUs....

Anonymousgg

Quote from: q on September 05, 2022, 16:55:44I dont think that the rumors about horrible Ryzen 7xxx temps were BS, I just think that what actually leaked were some pre-production units with unfinished chipsets, beta bios, without proper voltage optimization and unfinished work inside CCX, or whatever else magic they are gonna do before releasing finished products... And maybe, just maybe these were pre-production units that were desined for some TDP/temp tortures, so AMD could actually see, if it will work during sustainšed 95°C or something like that. I am not AMD fanboy, but practices I mentioned above are very common before releasing CPUs....

That sounds about right. People were very excitable after hearing about 170W TDPs and +1 GHz frequency gains, so they jumped on thermal rumors.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview