News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X and Ryzen 5 7600X thermals are reportedly out of control at 95 C and 90 C respectively as the Core i9-13900K runs comparatively cooler

Started by Redaktion, September 02, 2022, 21:39:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD Zen 4 processors are slated to bring incredible performance gains over the Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 parts. But, if a series of recent leaks are accurate, the Ryzen 7000 CPUs become meltingly hot when pushed. On the other hand, Raptor Lake chips are allegedly free from thermal troubles compared to their Zen 4 rivals.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-9-7950X-and-Ryzen-5-7600X-thermals-are-reportedly-out-of-control-at-95-C-and-90-C-respectively-as-the-Core-i9-13900K-runs-comparatively-cooler.645174.0.html

yattoz

Your title seems unfairly depreciative for Ryzen 7000. Knowing it's a brand new platform, we can assume it will have its fair share of bugs to be fixed and optimizations to be made on motherboards BIOS. It seems pretty obvious to me that the manufacturer would see the issue quite fast and push an update (maybe even before launch for their retail units, or reasonably soon after launch).

At the end of the day, I have to admit that I'm rather impressed by Ryzen 7000, knowing that tweaking some settings can allow it to run at 5GHz and still eat up just around 65W. That's a surprisingly good perf-per-watt ratio.

Wilbert

I thought the TDP was 170Watts so is it heating up when it gets overclocked? Sounds more like a board issue supply to much voltage to me.

Anonymous 3576334677

James Oo

Doesn't 100% electrical energy consumed by CPU turn into into thermal energy?

So then, the differences of temperature can come from: the cooling solution, thermal transfer resistance, and smaller surface area between cooling solution and the CPU.

If they use different ones for the first, we should all abandon this news site.  If the second, id love a full breakdown of this.  If the third, I'd be disapp this wasn't brought up in the article

Xp

Anybody with any  Tech knowledge can see right through the bullshit of this article this is pure Intel  Propaganda

Chris Wiedmaier

Intel definitely paid you to post this article lol. Clearly when voltages are adjusted to spec the temps are significantly cut. You should have lead with that not hide it in a brief line toward the end of the article.

DelonghisCawk

Xs

This was expected. With denser N5 node +80% then N7. And increased TDP. We are looking 2x power/mm^2. Also IHS is smaller than am4.
I think IHS is bottleneck here not the cpu coolers. Intel has more power draw but much bigger die , and bigger IHS. Some exotic thermal paste should help a lot. Still amd should have made IHS bigger than am4. But they did opposite for cooler compatibility. and now those coolers are useless.

JoePrime

MrIntel

Phragon

Something else that needs to be considered is that most of these tests are done on engineering samples, not the final CPU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview