News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Spectacular Witcher concept trailer makes full use of Unreal Engine 5 features; offers a glimpse of what CD Projekt RED may be working on

Started by Redaktion, August 30, 2022, 15:18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

YouTuber TeaserPlay recently outed a concept trailer for The Witcher 4 running on Unreal Engine 5. The trailer utilizes UE5 technologies including Lumen, Nanite, and Metahuman. With developer CD Projekt RED building the next Witcher game on UE5, the concept trailer offers a glimpse of what it might end up looking like.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Spectacular-Witcher-concept-trailer-makes-full-use-of-Unreal-Engine-5-features-offers-a-glimpse-of-what-CD-Projekt-RED-may-be-working-on.644047.0.html

DantePierttyr

Honestly, I didn't find it impressive... the hair quality is inferior to that of Tomb Raider games from many years ago, the fabric motion simulation is plastered and doesn't look natural, plus the metal material looks plastic.

Piotr

Are you serious? This is so mediocre. I am an Art Lead at a game studio. This makes me sad people are making such news pumping UE capabilities showing art that is by no means good. Two scenes are ok, rest is just bad. Please, people, focus on next gen. This is before gen.

Radacci

Quote from: DantePierttyr on August 30, 2022, 17:20:37Honestly, I didn't find it impressive... the hair quality is inferior to that of Tomb Raider games from many years ago, the fabric motion simulation is plastered and doesn't look natural, plus the metal material looks plastic.

Did you read the article? :p
It's not a trailer of the actual game.
It's a fan-made concept trailer, utilizing UE5 features,and meta human,to visualize what the game might end up looking like.
Honestly it's not a good idea to post these kind of fan trailers, because of this - will make ppl think this is what the game will look like, and trash talk it before there's even a legit trailer, out.

Radacci

Quote from: Piotr on September 07, 2022, 01:30:09Are you serious? This is so mediocre. I am an Art Lead at a game studio. This makes me sad people are making such news pumping UE capabilities showing art that is by no means good. Two scenes are ok, rest is just bad. Please, people, focus on next gen. This is before gen.
It's a fan-made trailer :p

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview