News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

More-core Intel Core i7-13700 makes underwhelming first appearance on PassMark with +10% performance gains over the i7-12700

Started by Redaktion, August 25, 2022, 23:27:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Raptor Lake Intel Core i7-13700 has made a surprising first appearance on PassMark, with the hybrid chip performing solidly if somewhat underwhelmingly in single-thread testing and in the CPU Mark test suite. The measured performance gains over the i7-12700 are only satisfactory, with more cores available to tempt buyers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/More-core-Intel-Core-i7-13700-makes-underwhelming-first-appearance-on-PassMark-with-10-performance-gains-over-the-i7-12700.643010.0.html

Anonymousgg

Too early to draw any conclusions.

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-12700&id=4669
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-12700K&id=4609
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-13700

Seems like it is using less power than it eventually will. The 12700 takes a big hit to base clocks, but while being a 65W chip, it has a TDP Up of 180W.

Malaga

Typical intel. How beautiful it is when an 8-core processor is merged with a 16-core processor... :-D

Rob Stan

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 (65W) - 34,639

And unlike Intel, 65W actually means something (I think PPT is 88W), not the 65W=202W PL2 12900 has

PS: Notebookcheck seems to be on a bender of cluelessness, comparing SKUs based on naming schemes instead of pricing brackets and power envelopes.

jay93

Underwhelming? Intel already stated that RPL would be, at most, 10% faster than ADL. So this is within expectations.

Julian M

So just last week you guys were relaying "articles" in how RL was destroying Zen 4 chips in benchmarks, and now this.

You guys might want to give a shot at some sort of coherence.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview