News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tuxedo upgrades thin & light InfinityBook Pro 14 Linux laptop with Intel Alder Lake-H CPU and Nvidia RTX 3050 Ti dGPU

Started by Redaktion, August 25, 2022, 15:38:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Jam65

Looking forward for a review of this, or the sister laptop Schenker vision 14 (e22).
I am curious about the quite high base price. Will it be justified by good built quality and system performances?
I am sure that the good Notebookcheck reviews will help ;)

charger

I think it is a major shame that they use a barrel plug for charging.

I stopped buying anything that does not charge via USB-C years ago.

Iiari

Quote from: charger on August 27, 2022, 00:39:36I think it is a major shame that they use a barrel plug for charging.

It does charge via USB-C as well.

Iiari

Quote from: Jam65 on August 26, 2022, 09:29:20Looking forward for a review of this, or the sister laptop Schenker vision 14 (e22).
I am curious about the quite high base price. Will it be justified by good built quality and system performances?
I am sure that the good Notebookcheck reviews will help ;)
Similarly eager for a review as well.  As a number of reviewers said the sister Schenker could have been laptop of the year in '21 if not for the battery life, and as that should be helped now, I'm definitely looking forward to those reviews...

BTW, not sure about Tuxedo's prices being higher, but there are some Linux customizations here and significant other options (like a US keyboard, which I don't think you can get a Schenker or Slimbook). 

charger

Quote from: Iiari on August 28, 2022, 07:52:02
Quote from: charger on August 27, 2022, 00:39:36I think it is a major shame that they use a barrel plug for charging.

It does charge via USB-C as well.

But why have the barrel plug, then?

I once had a Laptop (I think it was Toshiba) that you could charge with any USB-C charger. Unless it was completely empty. Then you could only charge it with its own charger (also USB-C).

This was pretty annoying, but the solution was easy: I'd just take the laptop's own charger on the road. It was USB-C so I could use it to charge all of my other stuff.

If this Tuxedo had the same "charges from empty only with its own charger" problem, you would have to take the barrel plug charger with you always.

In the end, the question remains: why have a barrel plug in 2022. Its an eye sore and the charger is entirely useless outside of charging the laptop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview