News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei Mate 50 Pro: New leaks reveal camera details and a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4G chipset

Started by Redaktion, August 24, 2022, 09:32:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Mate 50 series will make its grand debut on September 6 in China, and new leaks have now revealed more details about the phones, including camera information of the Mate 50 Pro, and Huawei's prime choice of SoC for the lineup.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-Mate-50-Pro-New-leaks-reveal-camera-details-and-a-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-4G-chipset.642561.0.html

S.Yu

Interesting how it turns out to be the Samsung variant...
IIRC monochrome setups have been historically bad, or at least don't really contribute to the quality of colored images.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: S.Yu on August 24, 2022, 11:13:42Interesting how it turns out to be the Samsung variant...
IIRC monochrome setups have been historically bad, or at least don't really contribute to the quality of colored images.

They don't. I believe Huawei used to market the monochrome sensors on earlier phones as some sort of way to improve light reception via merging with the main RBG sensor. Honestly, I think that was BS. At least on my Mate 10 Pro back in the day.

That said, though, monochrome sensors are capable of some really great shots. Better than what a B/W filter could achieve. I'd rather have a monochrome sensor than some rubbish macro lens or whatever.

S.Yu

Quote from: Ricci Rox on August 24, 2022, 11:28:33
Quote from: S.Yu on August 24, 2022, 11:13:42Interesting how it turns out to be the Samsung variant...
They don't. I believe Huawei used to market the monochrome sensors on earlier phones as some sort of way to improve light reception via merging with the main RBG sensor. Honestly, I think that was BS. At least on my Mate 10 Pro back in the day.

That said, though, monochrome sensors are capable of some really great shots. Better than what a B/W filter could achieve. I'd rather have a monochrome sensor than some rubbish macro lens or whatever.
Hmm, better than a crappy macro, of course, but definitely more expensive because it's gonna be full sized. Basically a dual-main sensor setup with severely diminishing returns.
We'll find out soon enough.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview