News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Galaxy S23 Ultra: Samsung confirms 200 MP camera and brings in Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max as further rumors hint at paradigm-shifting smartphone

Started by Redaktion, August 20, 2022, 22:26:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It has been reported that Samsung has confirmed with its manufacturing partners that the Galaxy S23 Ultra phone will sport a 200 MP main camera sensor. In addition, it is also believed the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra will also utilize Qualcomm's 3D Sonic Max fingerprint sensor and feature faster storage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Galaxy-S23-Ultra-Samsung-confirms-200-MP-camera-and-brings-in-Qualcomm-3D-Sonic-Max-as-further-rumors-hint-at-paradigm-shifting-smartphone.641795.0.html

S.Yu

...Finally my account is back, because I got a VPN (not Nord!) that supports Windows again...so I could complete the captcha!!!(strangely, the system didn't ask for a captcha when I logged in this time)

About this phone though...considering the state of the industry nothing listed above really sounds paradigm-shifting, especially with Samsung's sketchy record on making proper use of a large number of photosites...

John Tatar

The new phones are never paradigm shifting, they are incremental improvements, but The S23 ultra will again be the best phone for power users as the S22 ultra was.

Kelvin_fS

Looking at the concept rendering by HoiINDI, please have some respect for Samsung as the configuration of the lens just looked like some others. Samsung is capable of configurating better even if they need to put a big 200MP along with the rest.

UberChemist

Android User: Mike

I have the 22 Ultra, while I like the phone overall, I am not happy with the current phone market and the lack of expandable storage... I just had to delete pictures from my phone to take new ones, Pay for storage with Google and have a useless 512 sd card(Actual storage size different lol) from Samsung as well that I can't use. It pisses me off with the lack of current opinions, it may send me back to a base phone (Maybe that can offer privacy- is that still a thing) and my mirrorless Sony 5100.

Chris in Ohio

I have the S22 Ultra and preferred my S20+. Not only was it lighter but the battery lastest longer without having to dumb down the phone. Expandable memory was a plus.  When using the S-Pen, I find that when I touch the screen it often will not recognize the tap, especially around the letter 'T'. I also find that this phone lags. Battery is my biggest issue by and far above my other gripes. It is horrible.  Especially if I want at least a semi-bright phone, with a good refresh rate. The keyboard's swipe texting seems to choose words incorrectly more often. My next concern is whether or not my keyboard will burn into the screen like it did on my S20+ (which I had replaced 2x).  It's the keyboard.  There's no eliminating that function either!  Overall, the phone was a major waste of $$, I much preferred my Motorola Edge to both of my Samsung phones.

Tantema

New s23ultra will be a waste of money like s20-s22 if Samsung doesn't correct display and overheating issues that has their phone and offer some real solutions, as s20ultra user I just chose another phone cause this issues, can't Samsung expect we just use their phone less than 1 year and get new one or be changing display every now and then.

Anthony

Why did they take our storage away? I live in an area not known for having great wireless service and it kills me that I have to rely on the cloud. One of the reasons I have stayed droid was adjustable storage.

Omar

Bring back the SD card or keep it. The dependence on the cloud is based on the assumption that you have reliable network coverage all the time. Some folks dont; we travel through places with spotty coverage, work in buildings with poor signal etc. We need storage right there on the phone.

Philip

No memory chip slot?
Pass!
My family (siblings, kids, etc) all have Apple phones and constantly are after me to do so as well.  Samsung, with dumb "marketing" decisions is achieving what they could not for years.  My years of getting the best new generation of Galexy (Notes) are ending.  My next phone will be what I called "the fruit for fruits" phone...  Apple, you've a "convert" by virtue of "dumb-as-dirt" "marketing" decisions by Samsung.

Alyblueyes

No SD card?
How about a charger???

HARD PASS....

My Note 20 Ultra is doing very well, AND HAS BOTH ITEMS!

S.Yu

Quote from: Chris in Ohio on August 22, 2022, 15:02:53I have the S22 Ultra and preferred my S20+. Not only was it lighter but the battery lastest longer without having to dumb down the phone. Expandable memory was a plus.  When using the S-Pen, I find that when I touch the screen it often will not recognize the tap, especially around the letter 'T'. I also find that this phone lags. Battery is my biggest issue by and far above my other gripes. It is horrible.  Especially if I want at least a semi-bright phone, with a good refresh rate. The keyboard's swipe texting seems to choose words incorrectly more often. My next concern is whether or not my keyboard will burn into the screen like it did on my S20+ (which I had replaced 2x).  It's the keyboard.  There's no eliminating that function either!  Overall, the phone was a major waste of $$, I much preferred my Motorola Edge to both of my Samsung phones.
Very interesting, burn-in should be a rarity these days. I had 4 Samsungs in total (about to get a 5th, demoted to a mere backup), only the S6 had slight burn-in after 2+ years, a Note8 had a slight yellow cast after about the same usage, but it was homogenous so I don't believe it should be called burn-in. I suggest that you get a dark colored theme for your keyboard, I got it the moment I could(to go with my system theme, and saves power too) and I never got keyboard burn-in, the burn-in I got on my S6 was part of a light colored chat interface.

S.Yu

Quote from: Alyblueyes on August 22, 2022, 20:25:33No SD card?
How about a charger???

HARD PASS....

My Note 20 Ultra is doing very well, AND HAS BOTH ITEMS!
Don't hold your breath, look elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview