News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 2-in-1: Launch date and pricing confirmed for powerful Microsoft Surface Pro 8 competitor

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2022, 18:30:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has unveiled pricing and availability for the XPS 13 2-in-1, a convertible machine based around Intel Core i5-1230U and Core i7-1250U processors. Equipped with a 49.5 Wh battery and a 13-inch display, the XPS 13 2-in-1 also supports active stylus input and a detachable keyboard folio.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-2-in-1-Launch-date-and-pricing-confirmed-for-powerful-Microsoft-Surface-Pro-8-competitor.641353.0.html

RobertJasiek

Without its camera bump on the back, I would probably buy it due to 3:2 display, efficient 1230U CPU and sufficient battery size, and use it as a tablet (discarding the useless keyboard with its tiny arrow keys). The battery should, however, be replaceable. Display mirroring needs reviews because official PR images reveal nothing.

Dorby

I will say this again, it's NOT a Surface or any other mainstream 2-in-1 (iPad, Galaxy) competitor in 2022 without a decent stylus and display technology.

Wacom AES which Dell uses has not improved their stylus technology in 7 years. The pen is an inaccurate, jittery and laggy mess, and display has extremely high polling rate + response time which contributes to touch input being perceptibly unresponsive.

Really doubt Dell has even looked into these issues, much less spend a chunk of their R&D on it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview