News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple Watch and a blood glucose sensor help save life of CNET editor

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2022, 14:27:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It is only a matter of time before the Apple Watch can measure blood sugar levels, the sensors for which are already in development. Currently, this feature requires external sensors, unlike on competing smartwatches. Still, a CNET editor claims that the Apple Watch continues to offer life-saving benefits.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-Watch-and-a-blood-glucose-sensor-help-save-life-of-CNET-editor.641241.0.html

Joop deBruin

I'm a Type 1 diabetic who has been using a pump since 2000 & Dexcom CGM since 2016.

Do NOT rely on rely on an Apple watch (or Samsung Galaxy watch) for CGM alarming!!! The CGM pass read by an app on the phone, then sent to the watch (if you're lucky) so there are delays.

I have readings and alarms from my Tandem pump that is integrated with the Dexcom, the Tandem app on my iPhone and the most accurate and fastest on the xDrip+ app on an Android phone I use solely for glucose monitoring. xDrip+ has highly configurable alarms, including the ability to text someone your glucose level and a link to Google Maps showing where you are located. Again, all highly configurable.

It's going to be a very long time before I'll trust a non-invasive CGM, and certainly not a watch style.

SusanB

I have hypoglycemia - low glucose problems. During a recent 5 hour glucose tolerance test (GTT) I used my #1 rated glucometer and it's matched, not expired, stored properly test strips to test the same venous blood draw used at Quest labs during the GTT to compare readings. After the technician removed the needle from my vein I tested the same blood from the vein with my test strip. The glucometer was 18 to 55 points too high compared to the Quest results. My endocrinologist agreeed that both glucometers and continuous glucose monitors (CGM) are 25-35 points too high because they only measure serous glucose. Therefore, the glucometer and CGM are inaccurate for low glucose measurements.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview