News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GaN Systems claims to have created the smallest 280 W power brick for gaming laptops

Started by Redaktion, August 17, 2022, 09:20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AC adapters for gaming laptops can be ridiculously big sometimes. Makers like GaN Systems and Razer are ahead of the curve in this respect with their smaller adapter designs relative to most other manufacturers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GaN-Systems-claims-to-have-created-the-smallest-280-W-power-brick-for-gaming-laptops.641079.0.html

Anonymousgg

GaN is a major improvement. Is there something better than GaN coming within the next 20 years, or is this where most power adapters are going to end up?

SyCoREAPER

I wouldn't mind this. My ROG Strix 15's 280w brick is literally a brick. I could use it for self defense.

Hope you see these widely available with various barrell plugs.

Truther

Asus made a tiny 300W gan charger a few years back for a laptop, it was a huge innovation imo but they didn't keep up with it, and now that USB4 supports 200W+ it would be nice to see more high powered gang chargers on the market breaking 100W output

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview