News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2022 HP Spectre x360 13.5 review: The pinnacle subnotebook convertible

Started by Redaktion, August 16, 2022, 04:37:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Last year's Spectre x360 14 was one of the best convertible laptops in its size category. This year's refresh addresses many of the shortcomings of its older sibling to be an easy recommendation for the hybrid work-at-home and office lifestyles.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2022-HP-Spectre-x360-13-5-review-The-pinnacle-subnotebook-convertible.639724.0.html

RobertJasiek

While I hope for every HP device with a 3:2 display to be attractive and the noise is low, I have these objections:
- 1255U with 66Wh and WLAN 8:01 is underwhelming compared to a recent 1230U 51Wh test with clearly over 14h.
- not detachable
- strongly mirroring display
- OLED has PWM flickering at all and even at 60Hz
- slow memory
- tiny arrow keys
- no extra page navigation keys
- fixed RAM modules

weee

if only they ever made an AMD version for this series for power/heat vs performance.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: tomigaspar on August 16, 2022, 22:08:22What would be your better pick, than this notebook?

As I prefer tablets to office-speed notebooks, I have not made a best candidates list yet. However, I recall that there have been notebooks, detachables or convertibles with by far fewer remaining critical objections. For example, Toshiba Portege X20W (major objection 16:9) or Dell XPS 13 9315 (major objections tiny arrow keys, missing page keys). I very much prefer 4:3 (non-existent except for ebook readers and tablets) or 3:2 but they tend to be mirrors and have tiny arrow keys, see, e.g., Huawei.

Iiari

Quote from: RobertJasiek on August 16, 2022, 06:16:16- 1255U with 66Wh and WLAN 8:01 is underwhelming compared to a recent 1230U 51Wh test with clearly over 14h.
Agreed, and user reviews in the HP forums suggest higher power and RAM usage than they would expect...  A watch and wait for me...

Andreas_2022

The 60Hz flickering rules this device out as a useable laptop. Could this be a specific fault of the review device?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview