News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

1MORE EVO TWS hands-on: Flawless sound for the price and then some

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2022, 19:06:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With a classic and stylish design, the 1MORE EVO are more than meets the eye, packing high-quality audio via LDAC and SoundID support, as well as flexible noise cancellation capabilities. Today, we will take a closer look at this piece of tech that provides an excellent experience in all scenarios.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/1MORE-EVO-TWS-hands-on-Flawless-sound-for-the-price-and-then-some.638233.0.html

AD4Kay

Good review. The only thing I'd mention is that 10mm is actually a pretty large driver for IEM's, particularly TWS IEM's which typically feature smaller drivers, I assume both due to packaging constraints and battery life. Sennheiser's Momentum TWS have all featured a single 7mm "TrueResponse" transducer and they are rated down to 5hz (in practice, 10-15hz is probably their bottom end for decently accurate reproduction).

I opted for the MTW3 over these just because I had the original MTW and know I liked the sound signature and I have somewhat more trust in Sennheiser for long-term support, but it was close. I own 1MORE's triple and quad-driver IEM's and if nothing else, I don't think anyone can match the technical specs 1MORE offers for the money on pretty much all of their products.

Codrut Nistor

Thank you very much for the appreciation and for the time spent into writing your comment! Indeed, 10 mm is large. However, many other brands are using larger drivers on IEMs. I didn't want to mention any names/models in the review because of the price difference and the fact that I was focused on the 1MORE EVO, but I will do it here since you mentioned it:

1. TFZ Secret Garden, 12 mm
2. Fiio FD3, 12 mm
3. FiiO JH3, 13.6 mm

I am sure there are others as well, but these should be enough to prove my point.

JoeBlack

Almost every TWS have decent hardware and decent drivers, almost every TWS have absolutely abysmal tuning, making this hardware pointless.

Salvatores7

Great review! Thanks))

I'm using my 1More Evo for about a month now and I'm totally happy with them! The sound is fantastic with my iPhone (I can imagine how it sounds with LDAC!). The only problem that I experience is that they are very sensitive to the wind... While on the bike I have to turn off the ANC. The wind setting in ANC mode helps a lot, but still it's not enough. The rest is just great, and for this price is perfect! 🤩🤩🤩

Codrut Nistor

Thank you for your kind words!
When you say that they are very sensitive to the wind, I guess you are talking about the call quality, right? It happened to me a few times to be unable to continue a call due to heavy winds because although I had no problems hearing, the person on the other side couldn't understand me properly. I don't know if the WNR mode works differently when connected to an iPhone, because it shouldn't - after all, it has to do with the firmware on the earbuds, and not the companion app on the phone/tablet the earbuds are connected to.

Andrew Rein

Thanks for your review. I had a question about the anc quality. The Wirecutter review said: "The ANC was middling", it seems you had a different experience. Can you comment please? Thanks

Codrut Nistor

You're welcome, it was a pleasure! Regarding the ANC quality, you could say "middling" because it won't make you feel like inside a glass dome in some situations, for example when I was on the street or inside public transportation, with ANC set to High, I would still hear a lot of sounds, although noticeably muffled. In the end, I don't think that having perfect ANC is a good idea, because many users would have the tendency to become completely oblivious to what's happening around them, sometimes with dire consequences.
On the other hand, WNR worked insanely well for me. Another thing that I did not mention in the review because I wasn't 100% sure of it, but is worth mentioning, is that the Adaptive ANC setting doesn't seem to be able to automatically enabled WNR when it should. I think that the effectiveness of this feature depends a lot on the EQ/SoundID setting used, the environment, and the type of the audio playing.

Mick

I just simply don't understand why reviewers spend virtually no time explaining how the transparency none functions on on basically every review I've read. To me it's as if not more important than ANC. I'm desperately waiting for an earbud that has transparency mode that causes one to hear outside noises as if there is nothing in their ear and with the ability to enhance transparency volume some when and if wanted. Many people wear at least one earbud all day to receive calls, notifications, etc while working and want that kind of transparency function. This is passed offer in almost every review I've read. I'M LITERALLY SCREAMING FOR REVIEWERS TO WAKE UP TO THIS PARTICULAR FUNCTION IN THEIR REVIEWS! TO ME THIS IS A MAJOR POINT THAT I FEEL EVERY EARBUD USER WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT.  I only use ANC when listening to music. Thanks for listening!

Codrut Nistor

Thank you very much for the feedback, Mick! Now, regarding your problem with reviewers and the transparency mode...
1. I think that those many people who wear the earbud(s) ALL DAY should reconsider this as quick as possible. Those warnings in Android about wearing the headphone for too long might be annoying, but they are based on science and their goal is to remind the user that bad things might happen. Wearing earbuds all day long can lead to ear infections, even when they are made of good quality, hypoallergenic materials that might also be treated against bacteria/fungi. Now...
2. All day wearer or not, we should be aware that transparency basically amplifies some outside sounds, but does not provide PERFECT transparency.

The above being said, the 1MORE EVO comes with two transparency modes, Pass-Through and Voice Enhancement. If the names do not say enough, here you have the official descriptions:
Pass-Through "allows the user to let in the ambient sound around them that can be particularly useful in situations such a heavy traffic being more aware of the surroundings."
Voice Enhancement "amplifies frequencies such as those of human voices to stand out even better in situations such as spontaneous encounters with passing commuters or to listen out for important announcements on a train platform."

As a conclusion, you cannot use the 1MORE EVO with transparency mode in a crowded and noisy place, have someone whisper in your ear, and expect to be able to understand. I am sure that such a technical achievement is possible, but there's no point in going that far in devices that need to be light and affordable. At least this is how I see it right now. Wait a few years, and things might be different.

Salvatores7

I just noticed that while in the Wind Reduction mode, the 1MoreEvo dynamically adjusts the strength of the ANC. It works this way: when I notice some wind noise while listening to music or just with 1MoreEvo in my ears in Wind Reduction mode, the system also detects the wind and lowers the ANC strength. The wind noise disappears, but the ANC becomes less effective, though it's still better comparing to when it's completely turned off.

Codrut Nistor

Interesting. For me, it's just the result - it keeps the whistling and hissing noises out. Enabling any other ANC mode does not to it, including the Adaptive mode. I think you might be right, other noises might get through more than usual, but wind noise is being kept out. I don't think this is a problem. After all, this is all that this mode is about. It's Wind Noise Reduction, not Wind Noise and Every Other Noise Reduction... :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview