News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Nitro 5 AN715 in review: Good performance, but too loud!

Started by Redaktion, August 10, 2022, 09:09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We put the Acer Nitro 5 AN715 with its Intel Alder Lake CPU and a dedicated GeForce RTX graphics card to the test. The performance is good, but the manufacturer needs to do something about the noise levels!

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Nitro-5-AN715-in-review-Good-performance-but-too-loud.639849.0.html

Lalala

If ur gonna play with headphones its not gonna be loud, if you wanna work just get a freakin macbook

Trek

I have the same model just bought three weeks ago but with a 3070 and during long gaming session the fans will kick in very load.

The speakers are very terrible useless
Heat wise it could have been better, but you get what you pay for

Gaming wise i have yet to see a game that makes this thing throttle below 60hz at max settings, most games run above the 100 hz

Word to the wise, if you are cheap or on a budget but you need a gaming speced laptop for work it is the best choice at the moment, but boy oh boy the screen is horrible and is only 6bit color especially if you are used to retina or oled displays you better invest on an external monitor asap.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Trek on August 12, 2022, 06:41:03the screen is horrible and is only 6bit color

Wait, what? Only 6bit? This would be 64 colours. Maybe you have made a typo. Anyway, where is the specification of the number of colours in the test? Or maybe you mean grey scale, where do we find its number of Bits?

Trek

The display is a 6Bit+FRC so the colors appear washed out, dull and lack a punch.

In general most budget laptop panels are 6bit+FRC so go figure

This acer model has a variation that has a high quality panel an true 8bit with 165hz, but it is not worth it colors still washed out and dull, but serviceable, but i still prefer an external monitor with WCG.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview