News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Model Y projected to dethrone the Toyota Corolla as the best-selling car on the planet

Started by Redaktion, August 05, 2022, 23:47:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tesla's immensely popular electric SUV, which is now being produced in four Gigafactories across three continents, is expected to become the top-selling car in the entire world as its yearly sales numbers could exceed 1 million units in 2023.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Model-Y-projected-to-dethrone-the-Toyota-Corolla-as-the-best-selling-car-on-the-planet.639241.0.html

mixedfish

With so many of these PoS on the road it's only going to make beautiful cars shine. I'm going to hold on to my sports cars for a while yet.

JoeBlack

That's not really surprising - Corolla will lead the way historically and probably won't be beaten by any other car name for quite a while (if at all), BUT it's not a 2+ ton SUV it's a compact car.
The question remains if Tesla will be able to reach this milestone before Chinese EV will flood the market and make almost any brand irrelevant - the only things that can change this future event are Tesla becoming a something like Apple where people are willing to pay extra for a logo on the back of a product or some sort of regulatory legislation (trade wise or something like Euro 8 that will focus on efficiency of EVs).

Timk

Tesla Model Y could be on track to overtake this year (2022) becuse there are reports Toyota Corolla sales are expected to be lower this year

Babu Brar

It is a nice dream.
It will only last till Toyota goes all in on electric.
How about an electric Corolla?
And let's not talk about quality control at Tesla. Or six months wait to get a replacement glass for the rear hatch.

Preacher32

This is indeed a great feat ... I wish Tesla has an affordable model like a Corolla without all the FSD nonsense. Just a car to drive around town or to work etc. I couldnt see any sane person using FSD with in the city if and when FSD even becomes a reality

Mustrum Ridcully

I have been shocked at the repair costs of even what look to be relatively minor fender benders and the number that are "totaled" when said fender bender also looked somewhat minor on Whambamteslacam on youtube is this due to a battery pack with damage that is not seen or is it due to the front and rear subframes both costing so much and the fact that that the gigapress in each plant is committed to increase production of the car and not of spare parts and the need to amortize the immense cost of the gigapress as well as the huge lead time to get more of them.

Perhaps it is time to reconsider the return of the ugly 5 mph federal national front and rear bumper regulations?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview