News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Deal: Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 3 with AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 6650U and 16GB RAM now on sale for US$1,019

Started by Redaktion, August 04, 2022, 01:02:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A quite capable configuration of the relatively new Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 3 with one of AMD's latest Ryzen 6000 CPUs has received a notable discount that almost drops its price below the crucial US$1,000 threshold.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Deal-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X13-Gen-3-with-AMD-Ryzen-5-Pro-6650U-and-16GB-RAM-now-on-sale-for-US-1-019.638760.0.html

babayaga

I bought and returned this computer.

Linux was reporting hardware errors involving the L3 Cache and CPU 0.

After some researching I learned this is no so uncommon with AMD CPUs.

Buyer beware!

unimpressed

Quote from: Russell on August 04, 2022, 04:49:00What did they say when you contacted the customer service?

I didn't bother. However what other Linux users said is, sometimes a firmware update fixed it.
But with a brand new model it may be months before there is such an update.
There was no point in keeping it in the hope that someday a fix will arrive.
Back it went.

This is definitely something NBC should check for. They'd need to boot a Linux ISO and go to a virtual console. Or use dmesg.

NikoB

Such series of business laptops are bought for a long time, usually 3 years+. And buying it with miserable soldered 16GB (today is more on smartphones) is simply ridiculous, especially under W11. There is no talk of any serious business use, especially with VM launched.

32GB today are a penny (<100$). Do Lenovo marketing and developments know about this? Good morning you!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview