News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Scathing report claims Intel may cancel Arc GPUs for gaming altogether as Alchemist rumored to have a "fundamental hardware flaw"

Started by Redaktion, August 01, 2022, 02:00:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel may cancel Arc for gaming if the newest report from Moore's Law is Dead is true. The leaker claims to have gotten access to internal slides as well as inside information that paint a picture of consistently missed deadlines due to issues related to the hardware design of Alchemist.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Scathing-report-claims-Intel-may-cancel-Arc-GPUs-for-gaming-altogether-as-Alchemist-rumored-to-have-a-fundamental-hardware-flaw.637826.0.html

Rav4

Tom is turning out to be a bigger fake than I imagined... Even assume it is hardware bug, it should be fixed in battlemage and battlemage should be out of the box impressive... but thats not how it works. there is lot of SW work still happening and more importantly Intel needs to expand partnership with ISVs.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Rav4 on August 01, 2022, 20:22:05Tom is turning out to be a bigger fake than I imagined... Even assume it is hardware bug, it should be fixed in battlemage and battlemage should be out of the box impressive... but thats not how it works. there is lot of SW work still happening and more importantly Intel needs to expand partnership with ISVs.

Intel can and will ditch ARC if they continue to fail, just like they killed Optane and so many other products.

Alchemist was not supposed to be a beta test. DG1 and their many years of iGPUs were the beta test. Battlemage and beyond will live on... as iGPUs at least.

BigAl76

This is very strange because Linus Tech Tips just did a hands on review. Alchemist performed great in DX12 games when compare to the completion at the same price point. The only issue was how it performed in older API's like DX9-DX11 which most esports titles run under. Intel had reps in the same video who acknowledged this shortcoming and explained that they are working on it. For me, I only play DX12 titles, so I'm onboard and can't wait to buy one.

Carnes

Quote from: BigAl76 on August 04, 2022, 04:57:59For me, I only play DX12 titles, so I'm onboard and can't wait to buy one.
There's no need to wait.  It has the performance of a low-end AMD card from 5 years ago.  Just buy literally anything and that will be better than A380.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview