News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

UserBenchmark goes to war with AMD as Ryzen 5 7600X takes down Intel Core i9-13900 in single-core speed comparison

Started by Redaktion, July 30, 2022, 21:51:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The recent appearance of an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X engineering sample (ES) on UserBenchmark has sparked a series of events that has left the controversial synthetic benchmark taking cheap potshots at Team Red. The Ryzen 5 7600X even managed to outscore a Raptor Lake i9-13900 ES, leading UserBenchmark to label AMD as "Advanced Marketing Devices".

https://www.notebookcheck.net/UserBenchmark-goes-to-war-with-AMD-as-Ryzen-5-7600X-takes-down-Intel-Core-i9-13900-in-single-core-speed-comparison.638003.0.html

Mangue

rs

Quote from: Mangue on July 31, 2022, 12:16:29Wow. I had no idea Userbenchmark behaves like this. 9000 credibility points lost.
Really? UB has been a scam site for a long time. No one should give a sh!t about that site. 100% bias, 0% credibility.

rs

I don't expect 7600X to be >50% faster than 5600X on average. That's just unrealistic and would only proof how degenerated and biased UB's test suite is. Simply ignore UB. Forever.

88&88

QuoteI don't expect 7600X to be >50% faster than 5600X on average. That's just unrealistic and would only proof how degenerated and biased UB's test suite is. Simply ignore UB. Forever.

At least 18% faster. With 3D or infinity cache with DDR5 4800/5200 in 5nm with higher tdp will touch easily 30%.

Hope in a decent APU from AMD, not even with RDNA3 but same RDNA2 up to 16CU that can run on 6400Mhz DDR5 and G version can be perfect for low end consumers like me.
We lives in crazy times for ridiculous prices! 

Joe

Not sure if AMD trolling UserBenchmark or UserBenchmark trolling AMD fanboys.
UserBenchmark should be the bigger man, because you can't cure fanboys.

Joe

Biasbench at it again.   They are upset AMD snuck a test in before they had a chance to skew their results.

tatakai

Their perspective is fair. They labeled the weird result as marketing. The CPU entry is called advanced marketing services 7600x. And yes the news was all over the place with few urging caution

This site has demonstrated a bias towards AMD so pot kettle. It's hardly going to war

twocows

Quote from: tatakai on August 01, 2022, 15:15:03Their perspective is fair. They labeled the weird result as marketing. The CPU entry is called advanced marketing services 7600x. And yes the news was all over the place with few urging caution

This site has demonstrated a bias towards AMD so pot kettle. It's hardly going to war
In what world do you think this kind of unprofessional behavior from a review website is "fair?" And no, whataboutism isn't a valid defense; we're talking about whether their behavior is "fair," and it's not. Not that I've ever seen this kind of childish name-calling from this site.

intelZ

Quote from: tatakai on August 01, 2022, 15:15:03Their perspective is fair. They labeled the weird result as marketing. The CPU entry is called advanced marketing services 7600x. And yes the news was all over the place with few urging caution

then why isnt intels 13900 named Intel marketing Devices? something is fishy

Chubs

If I had to guess... maybe the benchmark heavily favors CPUs that utilize AVX512 instructions. Before the 7000-series, AMD's CPUs did not support AVX512.

If that is the case, UB's response to this result shows pretty clearly that they authored a benchmark specifically to show Intel in a positive light by leaning into AVX512 performance, and now dislike the fact that these latest AMD CPUs now support the same instruction set Intel's CPUs have.

Andrew B

Resorting to insults and slander reminds me of a little child throwing a tantrum when their favorite toy gets taken away.

Has AMD ever falsified data? So why would they lie now? What do they have to gain? They are already the market leader, they dont need to lie to crush Intel, their chips will do that on their own.

AMD is making remarkable strides forward and leaving intel in the dust.

They were the underdog for years, and now its their time to shine.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview