News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 could be as powerful as the GeForce RTX 3090; GeForce RTX 4080 slated to be over 50% faster

Started by Redaktion, July 30, 2022, 13:25:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new leak has shed light on the approximate 3DMark Time Spy Extreme scores of the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 and GeForce RTX 4070. The former scores around 15,000 and the latter 10,000, both of which are higher than the GeForce RTX 3090's score.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-4070-could-be-as-powerful-as-the-GeForce-RTX-3090-GeForce-RTX-4080-slated-to-be-over-50-faster.637798.0.html

EggHead

Rainboom

Quote from: EggHead on July 31, 2022, 20:44:36Let the lies begin!!! Remember when they said a 2080ti was slower than a 3070?
It is for production tasks (like CUDA)
just not gaming
Same thing could be happening here.. don't expect anywhere near these gains for gaming

Cholo

A total waste of money and power.
Less than 3% play at 4k on pc.
Hardly anyone plays with proper hdr at 1000 nits. Hdr 400 and 600 is a waste of time and isn't hdr.
The vast majority of people who but the 4080 and 4070 will play at low resolution. Anything less than 4k is low resolution.
So why buy these cards?
I'll tell you why?
It's to keep up with the joneses. It's for bragging rights.
If playing at 4k ultra then a 3090 is more than enough.
If playing at anything below 4k then the 3080 is more than enough.
The 40 series is totally unnecessary. This is especially so as just about every pc gamer plays at low resolution.
Yes I have a 3090 and play with proper hdr
I do not need a new 40 series card.
Then again, nobody else does.
Why buy a 4070 and 4080 and then play at low resolution.
Nvidia know exactly how to rip people off and how desperate young people are to fit in and not be different.
Why don't consumers wise up?

AK

This is important for deep learning and AI. Nobody gives a s*** about games. There is not a single game worth my time.

nsau281

Quote from: Cholo on August 01, 2022, 09:27:52A total waste of money and power.
Hardly anyone plays with proper hdr at 1000 nits. Hdr 400 and 600 is a waste of time and isn't hdr.
The vast majority of people who but the 4080 and 4070 will play at low resolution. Anything less than 4k is low resolution.
So why buy these cards?
I'll tell you why?
The 40 series is totally unnecessary. This is especially so as just about every pc gamer plays at low resolution.
Nvidia know exactly how to rip people off and how desperate young people are to fit in and not be different.

I hear what you're saying and you're not wrong, but its more complicated than that. Most games that are newer or worth playing don't really run that great on 4K, its usually 60-90 fps and for most that is fine but in general people will prefer to play at 1440p instead for the extra fps. Also monitors are severely behind graphics cards in my opinion, HDR is there for some of them but they have horrible input lag, GTG isn't the best, BTB is not even listed anymore because its so much worse, and they do not do 144hz+. We need OLED Monitors that are HDR and can do 144hz+ with very little input lag and then it will be worth it to get these top of the line cards, but like I said even with all the newest hardware 4K just doesn't run the best just yet. So in that regards these new cards might be able to run games in 4K at the level gamers expect them to run at. check out this article about it as well, it goes into why 1440p is a better option currently. have a good one

nsau281

sorry it wont let me put links in. check it out on digitaltends called i have an rtx 3090 and i still dont game in 4k.

WH

So why buy these cards?
I'll tell you why?

Why?  Easy to answer: competitive gaming and streaming.

Running top competitive games at 240hz + streaming requires a significant CPU/GPU combo 

PC Gamer

I've been playing PC games since W95 came out so I think I'm "Wised Up" enough to know when I'm being ripped off.I have an RTX2060Ti which is fine for 2K but I'd like 4K gaming, so when the RTX3000 series prices went into orbit I was one of the silent majority who gave up and decided to sit tight.

So now with the RTX4000 series and beter 4K HDR monitors on the horizon,IF the RTX 4070 delivers at least 70FPS or more on mostly maxxed out 4K without a massive power drain and sells for a sensible price, then yes NVIDIA you have a customer. (Asus or MSI preferred). It's not keeping up with anyone, I just want good bang for buck performance without hugely inflated prices and power drain. It remains to be seen if the 4080 will be worth the extra cash and power, but never say never.....

Kevbo

So why buy these cards?
I'll tell you why?

The answer for me is Microsoft Flight Simulator gamers. Even people with latest graphics cards complain that they can't max out the game at top graphical settings and get fluid frame rates. I've been waiting out the 3000 series of graphics cards knowing that if I got a 3090 I'd be left kicking myself when the 4 series came out and finally allowed you to play with a smooth 60+ frame rate. I'm currently on a 980 and if I max out the settings my game will drop to 0.5 frames per second! 3090 would obviously be better but on Youtube there are videos of people dropping down in to the 20s at 4K. It's been a long painful wait through this 3000s era, so finally seeing the light at the end of the landing strip.

jak3All3n

And what would you have nVidia do? Stop developing new products and close shop?

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything.

So why buy these cards?
I'll tell you why?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview