News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Video shows electric BMW 3 Series catching fire during a test drive in China

Started by Redaktion, July 30, 2022, 01:24:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The startled driver of the China-exclusive BMW i3 had to pull over and leave the car as smoke started to enter the cabin. Fortunately, the small fire did not spread too quickly as the battery wasn't the cause of this unfortunate incident involving the luxurious electric sedan.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Video-shows-electric-BMW-3-Series-catching-fire-during-a-test-drive-in-China.637825.0.html

vertigo

I'm guessing that even if the batteries weren't the cause of the fire, they're what kept it going so intensely and for so long. As I watched this, I kept thinking that one guy kept getting way too close and should stay away in case it explodes, but maybe EVs don't explode and just burn, which would be a big benefit at least. Though batteries in phones and computers have been known to actually explode, so I would think those in an EV could as well.

Enrico Frahn

Quote from: BMW i3 owner on August 06, 2022, 12:03:01That's not a BMW i3, try again.

This is most definitely a BMW i3, the one that is currently sold in China. My article specifically mentions that this car, despite the identical name, has nothing in common with the subcompact BMW i3 that has since been discontinued.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview