News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Hands-On Xgimi Aura Projector - Inexpensive laser TV with Android and good features

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2022, 02:12:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Xgimi Aura laser TV could be an interesting solution for those who find a normal TV too boring, or who simply want image diagonals of up to 120 inches at an affordable price. The short-throw projector shows what it can do in our first impression.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Hands-On-Xgimi-Aura-Projector-Inexpensive-laser-TV-with-Android-and-good-features.636501.0.html

vertigo

The importance of a screen, and a good one, really can't be emphasized enough. I've never used nor seen a UST projector in-person, but I did quite a bit of research a few years ago and was initially leaning that way, until I realized not only are the projectors themselves more expensive than comparable standard projectors, but they are much more dependent on a screen for good image quality, and the screens they require are different from the standard ones and are, again, much more expensive. You can build them yourself for significantly cheaper, but you're still looking at easily a few hundred for just the screen. So it's something to keep in mind before going this route, and UST is probably not a good option if you're not going to get, or build, a good screen, as you'll likely pay more for worse quality.

James Cygnus

Wish I had a 1% job like working for this  website so that  $2,800 projector was "inexpensive".

$2,800 buys a first rate flat panel tv that would blow this away.

Guessing they gave you one gratis?

reason1st

Very subpar review. The author got a free to review projector and proceeds to listing the specs and some marketing blurb without doing any proper research.
I actually do own one of these UST's(different brand) and the special screen is a must. It "only" costs about 800 Euros on aliexpress.one cannot stress enough how much of a difference the screen makes. Either way a quick youtube search would bring up lots of proper reviews of the xgimi as well as side by side with or without screen of various UST projectors.
Non of them are really cheap but if you want a true cinema experience then it is worth the money.
Either way I suggest the author uses youtube to see what a proper review actually looks like and how the projector should be set-up.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview