News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

BMW iX xDrive50 pummels the Tesla Model X in a real-world range test

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2022, 02:02:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With an impressive range of 377 miles per charge in Edmund's real-world range test, the BMW iX xDrive50 easily surpassed its official EPA range and also bested the popular Tesla Model X by a quite significant margin.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/BMW-iX-xDrive50-pummels-the-Tesla-Model-X-in-a-real-world-range-test.636420.0.html

Mr Soest

Was it a like for like comparison, driven them together on the same road, trip, time?? If not. It does not say anything. Too many variables. I hope I don't have to explain this any further?

Dave M

Also, it's important to know how much it cost to have the car in that configuration. If it costs more than the Model X, then what's the point? Like Lucid. It's "better" than the Model S, but it costs (as of now) 1.5+ times as much, so again, what's the point? You must be able to make a car better than a Tesla at a price at least very close to the Tesla that you're comparing to.

Ratdogg

Only at the end of the article do they mention that they are comparing vs an older version of the model X. There was an update called the Long Range Plus which had an EPA range of 371 miles.  The newest version is slightly lower, but still mid 300's, not less than 300.

Abc

Because Germans have strong biases towards their German made cars, as always. And click bait.

Enrico Frahn

Quote from: Ratdogg on July 24, 2022, 14:03:41Only at the end of the article do they mention that they are comparing vs an older version of the model X. There was an update called the Long Range Plus which had an EPA range of 371 miles.  The newest version is slightly lower, but still mid 300's, not less than 300.

This article does not compare EPA ratings. It compares the results of Edmund's real-world range tests.
The tested 2020 Model X had an EPA range of 328 miles, but only managed to drive 294 miles per charge in their test.

Quote from: Dave M on July 24, 2022, 12:46:29Also, it's important to know how much it cost to have the car in that configuration. If it costs more than the Model X, then what's the point? Like Lucid. It's "better" than the Model S, but it costs (as of now) 1.5+ times as much, so again, what's the point? You must be able to make a car better than a Tesla at a price at least very close to the Tesla that you're comparing to.

The BMW iX xDrive50 starts at US$84,100. The base Tesla Model X starts at US$120,990.

Quote from: Abc on July 24, 2022, 15:34:13Because Germans have strong biases towards their German made cars, as always. And click bait.

Edmunds is a US-based publication.

Zyca

I never thought car styling can make me feel sick until BMW proved me wrong.

A car that will make me puke is not the best choice......

Lebron James

Check the Bjorn nyland range test for some real data, the model X beats the ix by some km.

JakeJack

Of course they get better range because people aren't stupid to pay a subscription for warmed seats so those are quite big power hogs and that is how they get ahead.

Triple G

Brian B

Quote from: Enrico Frahn on July 24, 2022, 17:14:38The BMW iX xDrive50 starts at US$84,100. The base Tesla Model X starts at US$120,990.

Teslas don't have a bunch of add-ons. You can easily add 30-40k to a BMW with assessories.

maxwellunresereved

Without knowing the battery size, this test is meaningless.  Telsa has stated they can make a 500+mile range by adding a bigger battery.  Anyone can, really.  They don't feel the extra weight is worth it and are sticking with the ~ 100kwh battery.

Kdub

There is a reason why they compared a 2020 X up against their 22/23 BMW. They wanted to show a huge range difference between the two. Only way to do that was to use a 2020 X. Next time compare Apple to Apple of same kind and size.

WHATS UP WITH THAT GRILLE? ON AN ELECTRIC CAR?.

EEEEEWWWWWW. THAT THING IS HIDEOUS.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview