News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell's new XPS 13 Plus could be a really good laptop, but there are some questionable design decisions

Started by Redaktion, July 23, 2022, 08:16:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Dell XPS 13 Plus is equipped with a fast CPU, but our review revealed some problems and questionable design decisions. This means the laptop is not as good as it could be and Dell might be losing touch with its competitors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-s-new-XPS-13-Plus-could-be-a-really-good-laptop-but-there-are-some-questionable-design-decisions.636499.0.html

Jmsy

I received mine a week ago. It throttles non stop. It can't even play a you tube video without throttling down to 0.4ghz. Dell support hasn't helped with a fix. Out of the box, it was throttling during setup. 

This is too bad because on paper its great, but in every day use, it's unusable. I really like the feel of it but i have to return it. I've seen many other online forum posts about this too.

(1280p version, 32gb ram)

Russel

I don't think lack of amd processors in Dell Xps has anything to do with chip shortage or limited availability.
Dell would never volunteer itself to change the layman's perception of amd as cheaper the alternative. They'd rather sell more flagships with intel chips because the layman only knows 'i7 is the best, so i9 is probably even better or heavenly'.
These people would never buy anything other than a Dell anyway. They'd even recommend fellow ignorant people to buy the same thing.
They would make excuses in the name of 'better looking' to 'better service' to justify their purchase if someone explained it to them how they're overspending.
Even mac users are not this radical...

Bobbybobbob

I was ready to buy an Alder Lake XPS 13 Plus this year after adoring my old Skylake XPS 13 unit.

But I need physical F keys / escape and absolutely abhor 3.5mm dongles.

Supposedly these things were sacrificed for "cooling," but this laptop doesn't make use of its P-series variant.  Why not offer a model without the heavy omissions with a U-series chip?

Oh well, I went with Asus.  For an extra pound, I picked up a discrete GPU, a massively better processor, no throttling, way better battery life, a fast-refresh screen, and plenty of ports.

RetiredITGuy

Quote from: Jmsy on July 23, 2022, 12:31:51I received mine a week ago. It throttles non stop. It can't even play a you tube video without throttling down to 0.4ghz. Dell support hasn't helped with a fix. Out of the box, it was throttling during setup. 

This is too bad because on paper its great, but in every day use, it's unusable. I really like the feel of it but i have to return it. I've seen many other online forum posts about this too.

I have the same issue :(

RetiredITGuy

Latest Windows 11 updates have fixed the issue for me.

Quote from: RetiredITGuy on August 08, 2022, 05:13:46
Quote from: Jmsy on July 23, 2022, 12:31:51I received mine a week ago. It throttles non stop. It can't even play a you tube video without throttling down to 0.4ghz. Dell support hasn't helped with a fix. Out of the box, it was throttling during setup. 

I have the same issue :(

Alejo

"so we would definitely recommend one of the two FHD panels, even though there is unfortunately no matte version."

I'm confused your website just posted another review of the entry level model with entry levem display and it is matte. Does the article require updating?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview