News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Several iPhone models to miss out on some exciting iOS 16 features

Started by Redaktion, July 14, 2022, 01:09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Besides the aging iPhone 8 and the iPhone X, the iPhone XS is also on the list of smartphones that won't benefit from all the features that Apple will introduce with its upcoming software update. Unfortunately, two specific functions will even be exclusive to the latest and greatest iPhone 13 models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Several-iPhone-models-to-miss-out-on-some-exciting-iOS-16-features.634843.0.html

MIUI Tracking Bot

A11 has a very weak neural engine which explains a lot (0,6 TOPS for A11 vs 5+ TOPS for A12 and newer). Live captions not working on the Xs (A12, 2658mAh) is because it has a much smaller battery than the 11 Pro (A13, 3046mAh) since it works on A12 powered iPads. It also helps with milking iPhone buyers so win-win?
But I hate that Apple decides which features come to which device instead of users choosing themselves. I'd bet a lot of Xs users would be happy to have live caption even though it would drain their battery which only happens because Apple put a tiny cell in.

RichMck

Yes, I am disappointed with Apple once more for not including certain phones in their updates...I bought an iPhone 8 two years ago as I was coming from an iPhone SE model.

Now it seems, if I am to benefit from all that Apple offers, I need to sell my phone and invest in a newer model to be up to date with all that Apple would have us believe we desire.

They do not actually play a fair game with their old customers and sooner or later those old customers will go elsewhere.
So much for looking after your potential past customers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview