News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 6800U outmuscles the Intel Core i7-1260P and the Apple M2 by hefty margins in PassMark's CPU test suite

Started by Redaktion, July 13, 2022, 16:28:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Ryzen 7 6800U has finally turned up on the PassMark CPU testing site, and it has made a very promising first showing. The Zen 3+ "Rembrandt" APU with the handy RDNA2-based Radeon 680M iGPU managed to outscore fellow low-power rivals such as the Intel Core i7-1260P and Apple M2 in the site's average CPU Mark results.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-6800U-outmuscles-the-Intel-Core-i7-1260P-and-the-Apple-M2-by-hefty-margins-in-PassMark-s-CPU-test-suite.634591.0.html

Jom

Means nothing, Ryzen is vaporware. Comparing Intel to AVAILABLE AMD, AMD is beaten. Intel has 1260p in the market, AMD has 5800u.  When AMD makes annoucements and releases its products, make comparisons with what intel HAS AVAILABLE in the market.  AMD is a year/cycle behind Intel in releasing it's products. Great specs in vaporware that isn't available to consumers is exactly that.  This was a chip announced a year ago with 3 models costing upwards of AU$2.5k each being made, it's is not a competitor to Intels chip.

Would love to own an AMD ryzen 6800u laptop with non soldered memory and 2 SSD bays, but that is 2 years off at best, when Intel could have i7-13xxx or even i7-14xx models on the market.

tudalex

The problem is that you are comparing apples and oranges. The 6800U is meant to be their low power option comparable to a 1260U from Intel that is at this moment even more vaporware than the AMD chip. 1260P competes at that TDP with AMD's 6800HS.

And yes Intel CPUs are more available, e.g. they launched in Lenovo laptops a couple of months ago... With a 2.5mo delivery date from launch day vs 2 weeks for the AMD one

RobertJasiek

Intel had reasonably efficient 1135G7 and 1165G7 enabling 13 - 15 1/2 h battery life or 9h at max brightness. The 12th generation, however, is lost in inefficiency. Apart from availability, 6800U should be compared to Intel's 11th generation.

mhgn1376

how about you guys finally stop counting Geekbench in your average rankings and not show them in comparison pages completely?

Singuy

Quote from: Jom on July 15, 2022, 06:22:43Means nothing, Ryzen is vaporware. Comparing Intel to AVAILABLE AMD, AMD is beaten. Intel has 1260p in the market, AMD has 5800u.  When AMD makes annoucements and releases its products, make comparisons with what intel HAS AVAILABLE in the market.  AMD is a year/cycle behind Intel in releasing it's products. Great specs in vaporware that isn't available to consumers is exactly that.  This was a chip announced a year ago with 3 models costing upwards of AU$2.5k each being made, it's is not a competitor to Intels chip.

Would love to own an AMD ryzen 6800u laptop with non soldered memory and 2 SSD bays, but that is 2 years off at best, when Intel could have i7-13xxx or even i7-14xx models on the market.

Except it's available and you can even get  discount with a coupon code.

Jom

Quote from: Singuy on July 15, 2022, 19:17:34
Quote from: Jom on July 15, 2022, 06:22:43Means nothing, Ryzen is vaporware. Comparing Intel to AVAILABLE AMD, AMD is beaten. Intel has 1260p in the market, AMD has 5800u.  When AMD makes annoucements and releases its products, make comparisons with what intel HAS AVAILABLE in the market.  AMD is a year/cycle behind Intel in releasing it's products. Great specs in vaporware that isn't available to consumers is exactly that.  This was a chip announced a year ago with 3 models costing upwards of AU$2.5k each being made, it's is not a competitor to Intels chip.

Except it's available and you can even get  discount with a coupon code.

Where in Australia can you get a ryzen 6800u laptop with non soldered ram slots x 2, 2 ssd bays, for less than $2000, which is gaming discrete graphics Territory. 6800u should be coming in at sub $1k by now. Please let me know the link I'll buy one today.

fybyfyby

IDK man, I have new ryzen for 3 months now. What vaporware are you talking about?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview