News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zenfone 9 officially confirmed for July 28 launch

Started by Redaktion, July 13, 2022, 11:21:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After a marketing video revealed most details of the Asus Zenfone 9 last week, the Taiwanese company has now officially confirmed the imminent launch of the compact flagship. The Zenfone 8's successor will debut on July 28, as perhaps the smallest widely available premium Android phone.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenfone-9-officially-confirmed-for-July-28-launch.634563.0.html

Digitalguy

Yeah, meanwhile Samsung gives you 4 majors OS updates instead of 1 and a bigger display (6.1in) in a smaller body thanks to smaller bezels

salarx

Quote from: Digitalguy on July 13, 2022, 11:50:00Yeah, meanwhile Samsung gives you 4 majors OS updates instead of 1 and a bigger display (6.1in) in a smaller body thanks to smaller bezels

The body is not smaller on s22. It slightly smaller lengthwise, but wider. If you do the maths, Zenfone has lesser area (10138 mm2) compared to s22 (10307 mm2). And the selling price in India has a difference of around $376 dollars. Not to mention s22 comes with One UI crapware. So yeah, maybe prefer s22 where the price difference is more reasonable.

Digitalguy

Quote from: salarx on July 13, 2022, 16:13:31
Quote from: Digitalguy on July 13, 2022, 11:50:00Yeah, meanwhile Samsung gives you 4 majors OS updates instead of 1 and a bigger display (6.1in) in a smaller body thanks to smaller bezels

The body is not smaller on s22. It slightly smaller lengthwise, but wider. If you do the maths, Zenfone has lesser area (10138 mm2) compared to s22 (10307 mm2). And the selling price in India has a difference of around $376 dollars. Not to mention s22 comes with One UI crapware. So yeah, maybe prefer s22 where the price difference is more reasonable.

I care about length not width, phones are getting too long and too narrow. So shorter body is a plus in my book, especially with more screen. I don't live in India, I live in Europe. And I am fine with the price, especially given the support. OneUI is a plus in my book, not a minus.

Cris.

I hope this means the Zenfone 8 will finally come down in price, it's been almost a year since launch and even used ones still only go for like $80 less than MSRP. I'd really like a phone that actually fits in my hand but there's no way I'm paying more than $500 for a phone ever again after my recent experiences.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview