News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple M2 MacBook Air sales likely to usher in bleak winter for Wintel laptop shipments

Started by Redaktion, July 06, 2022, 12:20:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The emergence of the 2022 Apple MacBook Air with M2 chip will contribute to a considerable downturn in Wintel (Windows/Intel) laptop sales according to a new report from DigiTimes. The acceptable, and even downright attractive, M2 MacBook Air price points will leave competing Wintel notebooks looking like a tough sell.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-M2-MacBook-Air-sales-likely-to-usher-in-bleak-winter-for-Wintel-laptop-shipments.633466.0.html

RobertJasiek

"acceptable, and even downright attractive, M2 MacBook Air price"

LOL. Read: steep price increment.

Notch.

Shorter battery life due to too M2 compared to M1.

If this endangers Wintel sales, even a rumour of M3 faster than M2 does;)

Nick Evans

It will be a hardly noticeable sales blip. Casual computer users don't care about performance and would be too confused about the OS switch. Gamers care, but they won't switch away from Windows to any significant degree. People like myself doing heavy computational work also care, but none of the specialized software I need is available for Apple Silicon ("experimental" or no support in all cases). Creative types like people doing photo and video editing might definitely be tempted, but most of them are already Apple users.

Barebooh

$1200 is preposterous. It's a LAPTOP. At any minute, something will drop on it, spill on it, or a display hinge will pop right out...
Insure it, and it'll come out with 2X the damage from one of those Indian-run "repair" shops (more like slaughterhouses)... If it doesn't get stolen first.

I’m not steve

I don't think so. The m1 macs died killed by the excessive memory swap are real. M1 mac is good but have short lifespan.

JamesV2

The base model is a joke with 8GB ram and a super slow 256GB SSD.
Getting a reasonable configuration prices this thing way above the competition. And I'm not even touching on having to work with macOS. I like certain aspects like the fanless design and long battery life, but it comes with a lot of downsides.

kek

This paid article was brought to you by Apple!

Seriously, this wont happen. M2 has a lot of issues in itself, starting with No BootCamp support. Only users who were already on Mac or those who don't know better would jump onto it.

And lets not talk about repair costs if something goes wrong with it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview