News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Smartphone sales dip below 100 million units worldwide for the second time in a decade in May 2022

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2022, 17:21:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It seems to have been one thing after another for the smartphone market over the last 2 years. Now, Counterpoint Research has observed that it has dipped below the 100-million mark in terms of global sell-through for the second time since 2020. By contrast, the same figure had not been so low for nearly eight years prior to that.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Smartphone-sales-dip-below-100-million-units-worldwide-for-the-second-time-in-a-decade-in-May-2022.632959.0.html

Johnson

It dipped because we finally realise that it's dumb to throw your 1year old phone for an "upgrade" that's basically the same chipset in a new chasis with little tweaks

Douche Kebab

Former Samsung Note fan here.

Until 2017 I bought Note models every 2 years 2nd hand from Amazon Warehouse Deals or GiffGaff Market, but I lost interest in getting a new phone because:

- Zero exciting innovation from both Android and Apple since 2017
- 6.8" screen sizes have not increased since 2019 (I want a 7.3" non-folding phone)
- Samsung adds meaningless features instead of fixing core Android software issues (Chrome crashing, Google Maps/Play not doenloading or eveb updating apps anymore, impossible to enter Boot menu)
- Inconsistent camera quality
- Battery life worse than iPhones
- iPhones will get USB C in 2024
- Impossible to save all photos and downloads immediately onto Google Drive or Dropbox due to Samsung's partnership with MS OneDrive

I'm seriously considering to use my phone for 5 years until I can get a USB C iPhone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview